Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

The trouble with your post is he is not highly rated. Time will tell, and it's a no risk signing!

Wrong, he is highly rated by..........and get this.......by people who have seen him play. Shock!

I very much doubt he is anywhere near ready for the premiership, one for the future.

OS"]Bowery completes move to Villa on three-year-deal

Jordan Bowery in at Villa.

Paul Lambert has described new signing Jordan Bowery as "battle-hardened and one for the future" as the 21-year-old striker completed a three-year deal from Chesterfield which will keep him at Villa to the end of the 2014-15 season.

Bowery is the sixth acquisition of the transfer window for Villa following the arrivals of defenders Ron Vlaar, Joe Bennett and Matt Lowton and midfield players Brett Holman and Karim El Ahmadi.

"Jordan's a good player. The hunger will be there for him and he could surprise a few people," said Villa manager Lambert.

"He's a good lad, he's strong and powerful. He's played over 100 games in the Football League and Cup football, so he's battle-hardened. He's one for the future but if he steps up to the plate like I think he can then I would have no hesitation in throwing him in, none whatsoever."

Bowery played 40 games for Chesterfield in League One last season and also made eight appearances in Cups. He scored 12 goals in all competitions.

This season he has made three appearances for the Spireites and scored one goal.

"This is a Premier League club with so much history, a massive club, and I'm really excited," said Bowery.

"The chief executive at Chesterfield told me that a bid had been accepted and that Paul Lambert was going to give me a call. He talked about wanting to bring in young, raw, hungry talent, players who want to improve here and want to get to this level and stay at this level. I think that's what he's looked at in me.

"All young players want to learn from more experienced players. When I was at Chesterfield I learned off a guy called Jack Lester - he has been a good professional for a long time and played at some big clubs like Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest.

"Now I want to learn off the guys who have played so many games in the Premier League. Gabby, Darren Bent, even guys like Nathan Delfouneso and Andreas Weimann I can learn a lot from.

"I'm quick, I'm fit and I work hard, those are all advantages to my game. Now I have to work harder than ever before to make an impression here and to repay the manager."

Bowery has also followed his father, Bert Bowery, into professional football.

Bert was a striker who played for Nottingham Forest under Brian Clough before moving to the North American Soccer League in 1976.

"When I was young he never forced me to play football. I used to play a bit with my brother but that was it. As I got older and started to love the game more he pushed me to give it everything I had. He kept pushing me and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here today.

"I'm just going to take it day by day. I am going to show the manager what I can do and I'm going to work hard to show everyone what I can do."

0,,10265~11175515,00.jpg

Looking at his figures in a bit more detail he started 28 league games last year and scored 12 which isnt the worst strike rate especially in a relegated team.

Lambert will have seen some talent in him as with the other youngsters he has purchased and hopefully playing with better players will bring it out.

Can't wait for Bowery to make his debut. As a Chesterfield lad I really want him to do well.

He doesn't need to justify anything, just stick his head down and get people on his side. I reckon we'll see him a lot in the cup runs.

Â