Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

It's the underwhelming scoring record that is putting most people off Zatman. It's one of them, I think Lambert is a good manager and I trust him, but I don't see this one. Hope he's a gem, but it seems unlikely that he'll take the league by storm.

dont see what the negativity is about. if Everton or Newcastle made this signing we would have Villa fans moaning that we are never taking punts on unknown players.

He is costing very little financially in Premier League terms

Can't remember the last time they took a punt on a lower league player (league 2) they concentrate on bargains from abroad.

This is a Bolton type signing.

dont see what the negativity is about. if Everton or Newcastle made this signing we would have Villa fans moaning that we are never taking punts on unknown players.

I think the negativity comes about after witnessing a terrible toothless display at Upton park followed one of the worst ever villa park displays in the last 25 years against Everton. We were then informed Lambert,Faulkner and Lerner were having a transfer meeting and we are all aware of where our problems lie and just how poor this squad is as there is very little experience or talent. We are then hit with Joe Bennett, Dale Stephens and Jordan Bowrey. These signings are not going to keep us in the division and that is why people are negative especially when you can see teams like West Ham, Swansea, Southampton and Reading buying better players.

This season has disaster written all over it if nothing spectacular happens tomorrow.

I think if we had the squad everton and newcastle have, or made the signing they have in recent years you'd have heard very little negativity to this kind of signing.

Arsenal made a similar type of signing with Jenkinson, and he starts a fair few games for them. More than the likes of Delfouneso does for us. Good luck to the lad, his signing is not the issue, its that we haven't strengthened much otherwise, so I don't see what the problem is with this individual deal???

We're all speculating on if he'll be good or not. All I'm saying is he's got a lovely smile -

Jordan_Bowery.jpg

Who else do we know who had (Probably still has) a lovely smile -

aston-villa-dwight-yorke-45-merlin-premier-league-98-football-sticker-57807-p.jpg

Eh? EH?! come on lads! This is a good sign.

(Cue pictures of rubbish players smiling)

I also can't see why people are getting upset by Villa signing a highly rated young player for what in modern day football is a low fee.

If he works out then it will be hailed as a master stroke by Lambert if not then it's no Balaban, give both Bowery and Lambert some respect here.

Seems to depend on who you listen to as to how this guy is rated... I think it's a very wise move personally as if we sign Benteke for example this guy would provide immediate competition for him.. otherwise we are back in the same old position if for example Benteke got injured or hit poor form.

I agree with the above post too that it is disrespectful to both the player & Paul Lambert to dismiss this guy before he has even signed. Frankly given a choice of listening to our manager or some "hearsay" off some fan somewhere, i know who i am listening to!

yeah but we sign both him and Benteke we can send him on loan to Championship to gain experience as we still have Bent, Benteke, Gabby, Weimann and Fonz.

put it this way id rather pay 1 million on this unproven kid than 8 million on unproven Jordan Rhodes

Â