Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Wasn't Joe Hart at chesterfield not so long ago? Seems to have done alright for himself hasn't he :winkold:

Edit: forgive my ignorance, it was Shrewsbury Town. Point still stands :P

Fonz has a much better goal to ratio at a much higher level !

Really bizarre signing.

Some people just dont work out, he has had a good chance here and never really impressed.

How much time do you give to youngsters?

Maybe its time to give someone else a chance.

It's the 1 in 8 stat that concerns me.

How does that stat take into account starting v sub?

He's been there since he was a kid from what I have read and has only broken into the first team as a regular over the past 18 months or so.

So about half to 2/3 of those 80 games of his could have been as a late sub in the last 10 minutes of a game to see how he goes. If you account for two seasons as a starter you could be looking at a ration of 1 in 3 or 1 in 4.

Actually has Fonz had a real chance ? Has he ever had a run of say 4 or 5 PL games ?

I'm not saying he's good enough but has he ever had that run ?

you dont need a run of four or five games to show you have got something worth keeping...

whats important is that he has had enough time on the pitch...

physically he is not up to scratch...little or slightly built players can thrive in the prem but they have to be a very good footballer...Fonz isn't...

as MM has alluded to above he isn't rated by the club and hes worked under enough bloody managers...

we have to trust their judgement about his attitude as well...

this squad needs a complete overhaul and freshening up which goes for the overhyped youngsters as well as the overpaid old cloggers

Actually has Fonz had a real chance ? Has he ever had a run of say 4 or 5 PL games ?

I'm not saying he's good enough but has he ever had that run ?

There is probably a good reason he has not had a run of 4/5 games.

The last 4 managers have seen him every day in training and would have seen a lot more of him than anyone here.

Not many other young strikers have been given as much chance in and around the 1st team for so long. If he wasnt one of ours he would have been bombed out way before this.

this suggests to me that The Fonz is off

Another Stefan Moore was going to include Luke but actually think he is better . Poor attitude and never going to cut it at Villa rare . Not rated within the club

Ive said this since day one ! And told people on here that the club does not rate him or his work rate... He is not a premier league player, and has been given a lot of different managers to impress in the last few years. Theres a reason they dont pick him :|

Just like any new player he deserves a chance, he could be the next Michael Boulding or totally surprise us into being a more than adequate forward. One thing for sure is that he will have the drive to do well and impress in what could be his only chance to prove himself at a club at this level. As mentioned, players like Delfouneso have never seemed to have the hunger despite being in a fantastic position to do well in his career and its probably best he now moves on.

Another Stefan Moore was going to include Luke but actually think he is better . Poor attitude and never going to cut it at Villa rare . Not rated within the club

Completely agree but then why on earth did they start him against Everton! Bonkers.

His control was so poor in that 1st half and being subbed at half time will have surely demolished the tiny scrap of confidence he had up to that point.

And CI no he hasn't had a decent run of games - he had a few starts in a row due to injuries under Houllier scored against Blackburn and did ok (though missed a great chance) against Fulham and I thought maybe just maybe.

However you have to earn a run of games in starting 11 and he has been that bad every other time he's been involved he is no where near earning that chance.

As I said the other day I am not sure he will make it in the championship.

If they don't rate him why did they bother giving him a new contract?

Selling Luke is looking like an error

What about part-time taxi driver part time footballer stefan >

He owns a taxi firm, not quite the same as being a driver.

Still a fairly dramatic fall from grace. I remember when he came on against Charlton. I thought he was going to be a world beater!

Selling Luke is looking like an error

What about part-time taxi driver part time footballer stefan >

He owns a taxi firm, not quite the same as being a driver.

Still a fairly dramatic fall from grace. I remember when he came on against Charlton. I thought he was going to be a world beater!

No he does actually drive the taxis aswell , he picked up one of the lads i work with the other day .

Â