Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

It's obvious why we're buying this guy.

To make Benteke look good.

With Randy's cost cutting in full flight - it will be a major surprise to me - if we sign 2 6ft forwards in a matter of days.

We ain't getting Benteke

Good luck to him, if and when he joins us.

My thoughts are, he's a young lad and a big unit. We don't seem to produce many 'big' strikers through our academy and reserves.

Maybe PL sees the potential in him but also wants the Academy/Reserves to play the same style as the first team to aid their eventual intergration.

By signing Bowery, he'll play most of the season in the reserves with the likes of Drennan and Burke which will mirror the first team with Benteke (if he signs!)

My thoughts are, he's a young lad and a big unit. We don't seem to produce many 'big' strikers through our academy and reserves.

Maybe PL sees the potential in him but also wants the Academy/Reserves to play the same style as the first team to aid their eventual intergration.

By signing Bowery, he'll play most of the season in the reserves with the likes of Drennan and Burke.

This!! Methinks he will play ressers and a few cup games, the first team strikers will be Bent, Gabbs, Benteke and Weimann with the Fonz either sulking in the stand/bench or out on loan! We need to chill out a tad, we are signing players with potential, we aren't in the situation of spending tonnes on proven players, Lambert works best with rough diamonds that he can polish into a winning unit who will play for each other and I'd rather have that than some petulant multi millionares who think they are the dogs nuts!!!

Trust in Lambert!!!

You know, we may just go down this season but come back up with a maturing youthful squad that gels together and learns to play the same way and ends up being more effective in the long term (Swansea?).

Or we may stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Or we may sink like Notts Forest, I hope not.

Either way, you have to say it's a very brave call if Lambert has anything to do with this and you'd have to admire him for sticking to his principles when everyone around him seemed sure we'd go in to panic buying mode.

By signing Bowery, he'll play most of the season in the reserves with the likes of Drennan and Burke.

This!! Methinks he will play ressers and a few cup games, the first team strikers will be Bent, Gabbs, Benteke and Weimann with the Fonz either sulking in the stand/bench or out on loan! We need to chill out a tad, we are signing players with potential, we aren't in the situation of spending tonnes on proven players, Lambert works best with rough diamonds that he can polish into a winning unit who will play for each other and I'd rather have that than some petulant multi millionares who think they are the dogs nuts!!!

Trust in Lambert!!!

There is no reserve league any more. It's an under 21 comp and this guy is already 21.

Trust in Lambert!!!

There is no reserve league any more. It's an under 21 comp and this guy is already 21.

But I think 3 overage players are allowed. Open to correction of course.

Trust in Lambert!!!

Sorry :oops: I still think of it as the reserves... Aloud 3 over-agers though so methinks he will play...

I'm baffled by this one. I have no problem with him being unknown or from League One, but his scoring record isn't very good, even at that level. Of course, he costs very little, so it's a small gamble but is it a gamble with much chance of success? He's unlikely to get many games, so what's the point?

It's a Championship type signing this one.

As long as we are aiming for a slightly more experienced striker to play alongside Bent this will be an ok signing. I can't see how Lambert will be thinking that this guy will solve our current problems right away. Must just be one for the future.

Â