Joe Bennett

Si.

I don't think he'll ever make it. Not good enough. Been clear from his first few appearances.

You can't have a player who falls apart if they do one bad thing, how are they ever meant to get form going?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still think he can be a decent player for us, he's got a great left foot. I hope certain sections of the crowd cut him some slack because the levels of abuse aimed at him have been disgusting at times.

• Like 3

Looks like he's been bulking up and hitting the gym

His hair is a lot less shit as well. It could be an important year for his hair this year, and hopefully the hours he's put into it will pay off.

I actually laughed out loud at work at that one!

Looks like he's been bulking up and hitting the gym

His hair is a lot less shit as well. It could be an important year for his hair this year, and hopefully the hours he's put into it will pay off.

I actually laughed out loud at work at that one!

Well....he's already scored a header!!!  :ph34r:

I still think he can be a decent player for us, he's got a great left foot. I hope certain sections of the crowd cut him some slack because the levels of abuse aimed at him have been disgusting at times.

You're probably right there (too much abuse) but it does annoy fans when your defender headers no further than 5-10 yards, which always put us in trouble, tackles with less aggression than a stoner in the sweltering heat and looks more confused in defense than a hedgehog in the daytime.

He's just not really a left back, let's hope Keano scares him into being a bit more defender minded, otherwise he's an average wing back or useful but not amazing winger.

He'll no doubt offer far more as a wing back than a full back. Hope he gets the chance

Well let's face it he could hardly offer much less.

He has been nowhere near as bad as some make out. It is rumoured that the reason he was pulled was because of us, the abuse got to him and wrecked his confidence.

He had a couple of sinkers admittedly, Norwich towards the end of the season before last being a prime example. But after a year out of the limelight can we not, as a collective, afford him a second chance?

• Like 3

He'll no doubt offer far more as a wing back than a full back. Hope he gets the chance

Well let's face it he could hardly offer much less.

He has been nowhere near as bad as some make out. It is rumoured that the reason he was pulled was because of us, the abuse got to him and wrecked his confidence.

He had a couple of sinkers admittedly, Norwich towards the end of the season before last being a prime example. But after a year out of the limelight can we not, as a collective, afford him a second chance?

If in doubt, blame the fans.

Bennett is a strange one as you can see that he has some ability, but seemed light-weight and poor positionally.

He seems to have done some work in the gym to bulk up which will help him, but it remains to be seen if he has improved from a defensive standpoint.

I agree that he is nowhere near as bad as some have made him out to be, but with no permanent deal for Bertrand and Luna on his way out, I guess we will find out.

Â