Joe Bennett

Si.

I thought he and Edna had done ok in the preseason?

Bennett def has some ability just not sure where he should be played

Stevens has looked solid, yes. He is better than Bennett defensively for sure and for that reason I hope to see him as no.2 LB this season. 

Where he should Bennett be played? I really don't know. I'd give him a chance as a left winger, but we don't play wingers so I'm not sure what other choices there are.

• 3 weeks later...

Having a medical at Brighton today with a view to a season long loan if the Mail is to be believed. Would rather have him as back to Cissokho than Stevens though I reckon we've probably had a hard time of attempting to shift Enda.

Having a medical at Brighton today with a view to a season long loan if the Mail is to be believed. Would rather have him as back to Cissokho than Stevens though I reckon we've probably had a hard time of attempting to shift Enda.

I dont care if its not true, im believing it anyway!

I hope Bennett does well on loan. We shouldn't be so quick to write him off. Spurs come to mind, as they've been buying British youngsters and loaning them out for a while, and when some of the players come back better, they either get into the manager's plans or can be sold for more than they would if they were rotting in the bench. I'd happy with Stevens or Richardson as backup to Cissokho. I'd let Herd go next, personally.

Â