Joe Bennett

Si.

I'm amazed there are still people trying to defend him and suggesting we should a stick with him.

He's a bit of an embarrassment and we should try to find a dignified exit for him ASAP.

I just don't get why you and others have such a hatred of Joe Bennett. Your second sentence could apply to the owner, definitely the manager and half our playing squad.
I don't know how you could divine from my comment that I "hate Joe Bennett". I don't know him, so have no personal views about him at all. I've just watched him play football and know he isn't up to the level required in the premier league, and never will be, so in a sense it is being kind to ask for him to be him to be found a new opportunity in a club at a more appropriate level.

Ok so you don't rate him as a footballer rather than 'hate him' which BTW I meant in the context of football but my original point still stands. You say 'he isn't up to the level required in the premier league' which I say applies to our manager and much of our playing squad (my original comment). Personally I think he has some potential, you clearly don't which is what this forum is all about...opinions.

The club have only gone and done an '#askbennett' Q&A campaign on Twitter.

How out of touch with the fans can you be? Surely they knew it would be full of abuse

Gordon Bennett.

Sums up the way the club is run really.

If they did this properly then Bennett won't even have seen the negative posts (unless he searched for them afterwards).

Of course, this is a club whose social media tone of voice is that of a 16-year-old posh girl talking to her friends, and that spends matchdays retweeting desperate idiots for no reason. And that's the tip of the iceberg.

So I guess we can assume Joe was thrown under the bus.

It's never a good idea even for popular people, but it's a route one idea for lazy marketers who are stealing a living.

Didiersix's point about creating a story is right. It's a spectacular own goal that should have died out five years ago and taken its perpetrators with it.

So the club shouldn't try to connect its players with (often young) fans because a bunch of knuckle dragging rocket polishers think its acceptable to abuse people they've never met through the safety of the internet?

Nonsense. The problem lies with those who have responded in that way ...not the idea. You don't shut pubs because people get drunk.

Yeah. It's not a pub though, is it?

The problem is with the people who respond, obviously it is, but it is a fact that they will respond that way.

So the club shouldn't try to connect its players with (often young) fans...

Nobody's saying that. I don't think this is the right way - in fact, I think it's a very poor and out-of-date way that is rife with potential downsides.

Shocking season + poor recent results + INTERNET + Twitter Q&A + Joe Bennett + Idiot fans behind keyboards = Completely embarrassing situation which makes the club and it's fans look bad and does nothing to help Bennett.

How did nobody ask the question 'Are we sure this is a good idea?'.

• Like 2

I am very surprised, that even considering the level of incompetence we've come to expect from people involved in the club 'behind the scenes' that anyone thought this would a good idea, and that nobody thought to mention that doing such a 'thing' would do more harm than good at the moment.

Â