Rino8

Ooh trouble in paradise…

Link

Liverpool captain Virgil van Dijk questioned his side's desire to win the Premier League after a damaging defeat against Merseyside rivals Everton.

With four games left, Liverpool are now hoping for slip-ups from leaders Arsenal, who lie three points clear, and champions Manchester City.

Defeat at Goodison Park was their second in three games as their season threatens to peter out.

"Do they really want to win the league?" asked Van Dijk.

Goals in each half from defender Jarrad Branthwaite and striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin set the Toffees on their way to their first home victory in the league over Liverpool since October 2010.

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ooh trouble in paradise…

Link

Funniest part is he has been one of the worst performers when ever I see Liverpool play. Strolling about with an arrogance like he he is Beckenbauer

• Like 3

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

He's a poundshop Morinho - At least Jose got the titles he deserved. Klopp's career has come in a very different time too, okay we've got City up there, but it's hardly like it was under Fergie, Wenger and Jose. He's a rat, he lost his head years ago, he's been found out and now he's flapped. Shouldn't ever be consider in the top 10 Premier League managers ever.

Glad he's going. Whiney ratbag.

Ermmmm what 

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funniest part is he has been one of the worst performers when ever I see Liverpool play. Strolling about with an arrogance like he he is Beckenbauer

Ha ha, yeah he was at fault as much as any last night 

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Doing nothing if Nunez is their main CF next season that's for sure.

Robertson has also declined quite a bit so they'll be needing upgrades in 2-3 areas so going to be a real challenge for Arnie Slot or Anorim as they'll inevitably lose intensity from Klopp leaving with his style.

Big rebuild needed, Nunez an £80m flop; Salah finished, probably Saudi bound; midfield non-existent apart from Mac Allister; VVD declining.  Slot, if it is him next season, has a massive job on his hands.  Is Trent going to stick about for the rebuild?  Weren't Madrid interested in him?  Can see him going if an offer comes in.

We'll finish above them next season.

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

What about this season? 

We could if we win the rest of our games.  It's not impossible that Liverpool don't get another win, they've completely fell apart the last few weeks and Klopp looks like he's just given up.

They'll drop down a peg or two now, they don't have the quality to compete with City and Arsenal and FSG won't spend big, it was Klopp that had them up there.  They'll drop down to fighting for a CL spot with us and Spurs, and probably United and Newcastle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Big rebuild needed, Nunez an £80m flop; Salah finished, probably Saudi bound; midfield non-existent apart from Mac Allister; VVD declining.  Slot, if it is him next season, has a massive job on his hands.  Is Trent going to stick about for the rebuild?  Weren't Madrid interested in him?  Can see him going if an offer comes in.

We'll finish above them next season.

Their midfield is o.k. Still lacks a top quality DM but they've been playing Alexis Mac deeper than he was at Brighton as the tempo setter. Szoboszlai is a good player aswell although he does have a tendency to take so many more touches than needed when in the box.

I was going to put the we'll finish above them line aswell but have to see how we juggle europe again as even Europa League will be higher intensity than what we've faced for most of this season. Think more Lille standard teams if we make the CL from earlier in the season. Also two extra games by end of January.

They'll drop down the league though. Klopp + Salah very likely leaving in the same summer and Van Dijk making noises now so that would be three huge personalities on and off the pitch to lose within 12 months.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it is but I'm going to go back there....

1 PL, 1 FA Cup, 2 League cups, 1 CL in 9 seasons, he they / have underachieved 

he'll be put up there with fergie, wenger, pep and jose but doesn't have the trophy cabinet to match

And Man Utd finished above them 4 out of those 9 seasons. The Man Utd who have yet to replace Ferguson and who are having one of; if not the worst period; in their modern history - finished above Klopp's Liverpool nearly half of the time.

Klopp. Truly a generational talent.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

VVD. The man who doesn't challenge for headers, is too calm and cool to try and block shots and doesn't believe in tackling people or getting physical, but as for pointing and stroking the ball about in his third with an air of arrogance. He's world class.

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it is but I'm going to go back there....

1 PL, 1 FA Cup, 2 League cups, 1 CL in 9 seasons, he they / have underachieved 

he'll be put up there with fergie, wenger, pep and jose but doesn't have the trophy cabinet to match

That's a great point actually.

Mourinho and Fergie could be massive pricks as well but they had the silverware to back it up. Klopp doesn't really, and actually I'd say he's a bigger prick than either of those two ever were. Horrible man.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just get a load of this revisionist ****. Absolutely **** shameless.

The way he's squirming and contorting while blatantly lying is cringe worthy. Not even O.J's lawyers would be able to convince a jury after that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

The way he's squirming and contorting while blatantly lying is cringe worthy. Not even O.J's lawyers would be able to convince a jury after that.

It's how the Church of Liverpool cult rewires your brain. The cognitive dissonance that they never do anything wrong, and that they are always brilliant. In this case, they were actually too brilliant in losing to other teams. It's **** deranged. I love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BOF said:

It's how the Church of Liverpool cult rewires your brain. The cognitive dissonance that they never do anything wrong, and that they are always brilliant. In this case, they were actually too brilliant in losing to other teams. It's **** deranged. I love it.

Them and Barcelona have that cult like fandom that you don't get anywhere else really.

2 hours ago, tinker said:

What about this season? 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

We could if we win the rest of our games.  It's not impossible that Liverpool don't get another win, they've completely fell apart the last few weeks and Klopp looks like he's just given up.

They'll drop down a peg or two now, they don't have the quality to compete with City and Arsenal and FSG won't spend big, it was Klopp that had them up there.  They'll drop down to fighting for a CL spot with us and Spurs, and probably United and Newcastle.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was just about to post that idea. If they continue to drop points then, you never know. 

Careful, some don't like this positivity....

But I do, I'm a Believer mate...

images.png.b190a038535d47e7b2a6b36d98b4e0f9.png

• Like 2

Â