Rino8

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I can't say I've ever heard of Arne Slot, but I know the media will have a field day with his name alone. 

I think he turned down Spurs in the summer before they got Ange

It must have been a decision between Slot and Gerrard for the job because Carragher has already started having a pop at Slot. He doesnt have the Liverpool manager DNA whatever that means

Liverpool were going through a banter period before Klopp took over (that one slippy season aside). But so far, Emery is performing better than Klopp did in his first 2 seasons:

Klopp: Took over from Rogers in October when Liverpool were 10th and finished 8th; Second season finished 4th
Emery: Took over form Gerrard in November when we were 17th and finished 7th qualifying for Europe; Second season on course to finish 4th and reach a euro final

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Liverpool were going through a banter period before Klopp took over (that one slippy season aside). But so far, Emery is performing better than Klopp did in his first 2 seasons:

Klopp: Took over from Rogers in October when Liverpool were 10th and finished 8th; Second season finished 4th
Emery: Took over form Gerrard in November when we were 17th and finished 7th qualifying for Europe; Second season on course to finish 4th and reach a euro final

In fairness Klopp got to a Euro final in his first season in which he lost to Unai 😁

• Shocked 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Again they only finished 2nd twice to City and never lost a cup final to them. Actually City only knocked them out once in a cup game

So what you’re saying is they’d have 3 PL titles instead of 1?

It feels like a fairly significant difference. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

It must have been a decision between Slot and Gerrard for the job because Carragher has already started having a pop at Slot. He doesnt have the Liverpool manager DNA whatever that means

15% Camel?

There’s a great video I cannot link here as it was on facebook where TAA makes absolutely no effort to compete for the header when DLC scores Everton’s second goal.

Absolutely pathetic from him.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

There’s a great video I cannot link here as it was on facebook where TAA makes absolutely no effort to compete for the header when DLC scores Everton’s second goal.

Watched the game and sent this to my Dad (we always discuss the games watching etc):  "Alexander-Arnold did NOT WANT to defend that 🤣"

He's such a weird player because he's technically brilliant, has a phenomenal passing range, great crossing ability and has a good shot on him... but defensively he's just so weak.  He's pretty much one of Liverpool's best players but doesn't really work in the position he plays - it's so odd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

This one?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

This one?

Not seen set piece defending this bad since Kolo Toure popped up to score when they beat us 6-0

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

From the start of the video he has the body language of someone who really doesn’t want to be there.

He was giving it the big one a few weeks back that the Premier League means more to Liverpool than City. He really showed that

• Like 2

I wouldn't rule out at least a 2 or 3 year dip for Liverpool with Klopp leaving and possibly Salah, VVD and maybe other key players involved in previous successes. 

Hopefully this incoming Dutch coach does a 10 Hag and we take full advantage.

It also would not surprise me if Henry shuts the faucet off and imposes some Red Sox-style austerity for a few years.

Edited by maqroll

Alexander Arnold is going to be both a problem and a joy for the next Liverpool manager - he's got an amazing range of passing, great vision and he's excellent on the ball, he's never a right back in a million years as he doesn't defend well enough and lacks the discipline for it, but he's a hell of a footballer - whether someone wants to build a team around allowing him to play as a sort of quarterback in front of the back four like a scouse Pirlo while others do his work is another thing though.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Alexander Arnold is going to be both a problem and a joy for the next Liverpool manager - he's got an amazing range of passing, great vision and he's excellent on the ball, he's never a right back in a million years as he doesn't defend well enough and lacks the discipline for it, but he's a hell of a footballer - whether someone wants to build a team around allowing him to play as a sort of quarterback in front of the back four like a scouse Pirlo while others do his work is another thing though.

I heard on a podcast this week that he’d never played full back until he got in the first team. Played as a wide midfielder all through the academy which explains a lot. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oh god, I can already hear Carragher squealing over this froma distance...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

Oh god, I can already hear Carragher squealing over this froma distance...

Sure he be telling people Pirlo modelled his game on TAA

Â