Rino8

On 20/02/2023 at 20:05, Zatman said:

Not for sale now according to the owners

So they basically want some multi billionaire to invest a massive pile of money into Liverpool but not have control over what happens at the club. That'll end well. Also FSG pointing out that they want to remain as owners (for now) but they do plan to sell the club and aren't in it for the long haul will surely end well. 

26 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I'm not sure what the lowest ever player rating is at this level, but it surely now has to be Joe Gomez from last night.

Last night was an abysmal performance, even by his standards.

According to FotMob he got a 4.6. Becker was lowest with 2.7. VvD and Robertson got 4.8, TAA got a 6.2.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

According to FotMob he got a 4.6. Becker was lowest with 2.7. VvD and Robertson got 4.8, TAA got a 6.2.

4.6 is generous. I'd have had him somewhere nearer to Becker's score (not that GK scores are comparable with outfield players) or less.

Liverpool have lost pace and energy as they have kept aging players, and Klopps intense style takes its toll. They can still get away with it to an extent in the Premier League, but not against someone like Madrid.

Its particularly noticeable in their midfield; Fabinho, Henderson, Milner etc, and that is having a huge knock on effect on their back 4 - TAA could never defend, but with less cover is getting exploited regularly now. Even Van Djik is suffering.

23 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

If they sit on it for another couple of years there'll be the next TV deal / PL finally introduce their own streaming platform for much more and possibly the Super 6 League which will see the valuation jump up massively again.

Liverpool have peaked imo. Without state level money, or a crazy owner like todd boehley then they will go back to being about 5-8th most seasons. They got lucky with a really good manager and some really good recruitment (Salah, Mane, Firminho).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Liverpool have peaked imo. Without state level money, or a crazy owner like todd boehley then they will go back to being about 5-8th most seasons. They got lucky with a really good manager and some really good recruitment (Salah, Mane, Firminho).

They also got extremely lucky how their first 11 seemed to rarely get injured or fatigued compared to other teams as they had very little squad depth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

They also got extremely lucky how their first 11 seemed to rarely get injured or fatigued compared to other teams as they had very little squad depth.

All those inhalers stop having an effect after a while. 

At my bagel shop this morning.

Me: “What club do you follow?”

LFC Guy: “Liverpool.”

Me: “Are they playing today?”

LFC Guy: “No, they’ve already been eliminated.”

Me: “I mean league play.”

LFC Guy: “Huh?”

True story. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Competitive for who? This sounds like it would favour the big 6 even more than the current rules do. And given this guy is for it, it almost certainly will. 

57 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

The man who led the charge to make a reduced Premier League so United and Liverpool get a bigger share of the cake.

Has footballs best interests at heart. Should be kicked out of the game not indulged

Â