Rino8

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thye have realised that now is time to get out as Newcastle about to kill the game completely 

Moreso they will get ten times their investment back. 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

He just wasted £44b on a company that loses 4m a week and has absolutely no chance of ever turning a profit or being worth a quarter of what he paid for it. Doubt he'll be buying a football club.

That sounds exactly like owning a football club. Money pits

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A bigger issue with hoping Musk buys your club is possibly that I don't think he's ever once shown any interest in football, and very much does not seem like it would be something he would be interested in. 

Most of the league owners don't give two shits about football. It's either a vehicle for sportswashing/advertising their medieval country or advertising themselves. FSG would have been interested originally cos they would think Liverpools value will increase. It has, and they've probably calculated now is the time for maximum return so they will sell. 

I think NSWE actually enjoy football, and Abramovich liked Chelsea. The few clubs still owned by local businessmen are probably too. But all the petrostates and American billionaires mostly nah

Edited by VillaJ100

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

If Fenway sold last summer they would have got out at just the right time. They have done very well out of Liverpool I'd say but they either don't have the money or don't want to really spend big to stay at the top. Liverpool are poor relations to Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City in terms of spending power. Newcastle might over take them now too. 

I don't know about that. Poor relations to Man City and Newcastle because they're state-backed oil clubs, yes. As for the other two, Chelsea doesn't have Abramovich anymore and is owned by a group probably on par with Liverpool's. Man Utd has mediocre owners and, while it used to be a cash cow when living off of Sir Alex's legacy, Liverpool had more revenue last year.

If you read carefully, it doesn't say that FSG is selling their entire stake. They may even retain majority control. They just want more investors. It sounds to me like they're looking for a way to compete with the oil clubs without putting up all the money themselves, not looking to get out. Maybe at some point Sawiris and Edens will look to take on more partners too.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Bloody hell. What is wrong with people?

Its like genuinely sometimes as a football fan and as an away fan you can get pissed off with why you're treated like a second class citizen and scum of the earth when all you're trying to do is have a beer and watch the football

And then other times the stupidity and ass holery of football fans still manages to shock me

On 23/12/2022 at 15:19, villa4europe said:

Manchester police are investigating after a 15 year old girl was hit on the head with a plastic pint glass full on coins last night

Good old Liverpool fans again. Salt of the earth! Scouse not English. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Good old Liverpool fans again. Salt of the earth! Scouse not English. 

As much as the Scouse not English thing annoys me, in a weird way it's kinda comforting thinking that I'm not the same nationality as those scumbags.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Gakpo        Nunez         Salah

Diaz             Firmino      Jota

That is a scary 6 forwards to pick from for them now. 

Keeping them all happy and match fit is not going to be easy though.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought this was a parody but apparently Mr Happy has had another excuse for losing

Could hardly not give that one after Haaland's goal earlier in the season where he essentially just shoulder-barged whoever it was to the ground. 

So Liverpool the club who don’t spend money (just the £200m spent on attacking players the last couple of yrs), haven’t brought a midfielder for 4.5 yrs. Everyone can see they’ve needed that for a couple of yrs, but Jurgen can’t??? 

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 23:46, MWARLEY2 said:

Gakpo        Nunez         Salah

Diaz             Firmino      Jota

That is a scary 6 forwards to pick from for them now. 

I’m not so sure. 

Firmino will leave at the end of the season and Salah is finally looking to be slowing down albeit still a very good player.

Nunez has become a joke figure and Gakpo, well, who knows, but there are several high profile players from the Dutch league that have come here and flopped quite badly.

Diaz - looks to be a good player. Jota, good player but not world class. I wouldn’t fear facing him. 

It’s a good front 6, but it’s no Mane, Salah and Firmino 2/3 years ago.

They also have Thiago and Henderson who aren’t getting any younger.

I don’t know, they’re still a very good team, but maybe they’ll fade a bit over the next couple of years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not so sure. 

Firmino will leave at the end of the season and Salah is finally looking to be slowing down albeit still a very good player.

Nunez has become a joke figure and Gakpo, well, who knows, but there are several high profile players from the Dutch league that have come here and flopped quite badly.

Diaz - looks to be a good player. Jota, good player but not world class. I wouldn’t fear facing him. 

It’s a good front 6, but it’s no Mane, Salah and Firmino 2/3 years ago.

They also have Thiago and Henderson who aren’t getting any younger.

I don’t know, they’re still a very good team, but maybe they’ll fade a bit over the next couple of years. 

Gakpo I think probably needed a move to a mid table Premier League club before going to a top team or at least a year or 2 in Netherlands

• Like 2

Â