Rino8

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

The engine room of the team have got old.  He's had a successful time at Liverpool but is he motivated enough to do a complete rebuild 

He did a poor one at Dortmund then walked out

Edited by Zatman

They look in need of a major refit in the summer. Not sure if Klopp will hang around and it seems there are going to be big changes. 

I'm sure I read they had the highest income last year, but I might be mistaken, even so, they can afford to do it I'd guess - but jeez it's going to take a fortune to put them back into the top four on an ongoing basis.

They need a second right back, two centre backs, a second left back, two holding midfielders and one that's more progressive - they have options up front with Dias, Nunez, Gakpo and what's left of Salah, but behind them, they are very average.

I can't see any reason why Bellingham would want to go there in the summer - why would he join a club in transition when he can go to a club that will genuinely compete for honours in the next couple of seasons?

An enormous amount to do for them.

Good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an irrational dislike of Harvey Elliott. 

Probably because he looks a bit like Logan and/or Jake Paul (hair style I mean)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Cant believe how shit they are this season. How did we lose to them ffs

I'm not really surprised to be honest. Very hard to keep that level of intensity they used to play with going for a long period of time. The inhalers stop working after a while. Also they wasted 80m on a striker they didn't need instead of buying some midfielders. They already had Salah, Diaz, jota and firmino

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm not really surprised to be honest. Very hard to keep that level of intensity they used to play with going for a long period of time. The inhalers stop working after a while. Also they wasted 80m on a striker they didn't need instead of buying some midfielders. They already had Salah, Diaz, jota and firmino

They have too many attacking players gokpe hasnt really impressed at all.

They need defenders and central midfielders. Why they are spunkinh momey on attacking players when they already have so many is a absolute mystery.

If things keep as they are i think klopp might leave in the summer

• Like 1

For all the sneering, Klopp will go down as one of the top managers, but you can't really outmanage bad recruitment.

They got it perfect with Salah, Mane and Firminho for around 30mill each and reaped the rewards for a few seasons. Missed with their recent signings (Diaz looks a player but injured a lot) and therefore won't be competing at the top of the table for a while until they address that or the likes of Harvey Elliot, Caralho etc come of age.

Edited by pas5898

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They have too many attacking players gokpe hasnt really impressed at all.

They need defenders and central midfielders. Why they are spunkinh momey on attacking players when they already have so many is a absolute mystery.

If things keep as they are i think klopp might leave in the summer

He was cheap, could be improved and sold on for profit or just generally increased in value.

It's ludicrous but it seems to be where Liverpool are with these owners.

Like I said about Brighton you can't consistently sell players for more than their worth and get in players that turn out to be superstars for brilliant fees.

Sooner or later, unless you're spending 100s of millions net you'll get found out.

caught 2 mins of talksport this morning

cockney red moaning like ****, wants new owners, wants them to spend more money, wants a complete tear up of their transfer policy...darwin nunez wouldn't get in city's squad etc etc

instant reminder of why i don't listen to TS and why these lot are **** assholes, don't even know they're born

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant believe how shit they are this season. How did we lose to them ffs

Only won one league game since they done us (vs leicester).

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They want 3 billion for the club

Yep, so anyone who buys it will have a few billion sloshing around to spend on the team.   Like Chelsea which was sold for $5 billion, or an oil arab who wants to sport-wash. 

Even Spurs have been talking with the PSG owners for them to take a minority stake in Spurs.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

caught 2 mins of talksport this morning

cockney red moaning like ****, wants new owners, wants them to spend more money, wants a complete tear up of their transfer policy...darwin nunez wouldn't get in city's squad etc etc

instant reminder of why i don't listen to TS and why these lot are **** assholes, don't even know they're born

And yet in seasons previous i was all , Chelsea, Man City = bad, Liverpool low net spend this is the way to run a football club . 

Â