Rino8

I personally think they got very lucky when Klopp came in regarding player purchases.  Ok you can say it was good scouting, but virtually every player they bought turned to gold for them and kept them were they have been for 7 years.

60-70% success rate is probably good when buying players and thats just good buys.  They probably have 90% with exceptional buys.  

in saying that, are these good players who played exceptional because of Klopp.  If i was a top club, I genuinely wouldn’t spend crazy money on a Liverpool player because of this reason.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They look like they are in big time decline. Aging squad, salahs declining as is van dijk. They gonna need big big money to rebuild

Could both be on zimmer frames and would still score against us. 

words removed. 

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I personally think they got very lucky when Klopp came in regarding player purchases.  Ok you can say it was good scouting, but virtually every player they bought turned to gold for them and kept them were they have been for 7 years.

60-70% success rate is probably good when buying players and thats just good buys.  They probably have 90% with exceptional buys.  

in saying that, are these good players who played exceptional because of Klopp.  If i was a top club, I genuinely wouldn’t spend crazy money on a Liverpool player because of this reason.

It's interesting as they have really only sold 2 players from the peak under Klopp I wont include Coutinho as he left 2018. Wijnaldum was a terrible flop at PSG and Mane has done OK at Bayern but they seem to be expecting more

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It's interesting as they have really only sold 2 players from the peak under Klopp I wont include Coutinho as he left 2018. Wijnaldum was a terrible flop at PSG and Mane has done OK at Bayern but they seem to be expecting more

Origi and Brewester have cost a pretty penny for buying clubs and have been awful.  Just to name 2 off top of head.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Klopp said in his pre-match interview that they were struggling because they were burnt out from the quadruple challenge of last season. 

There must be so many fans of other clubs who feel sorry for him and his team. Imagine having a season where you’re challenging for every major honour available.

Must be awful.

What they need to do is let Klopp pick the fixtures for Liverpool so that he can rest players when he wants.

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

What they need to do is let Klopp pick the fixtures for Liverpool so that he can rest players when he wants.

Don’t suggest things like that - it’ll become a new rule before you can blink!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

This team has serious problems. They look burnt out, sloppy, careless, tentative. 

I could see Klopp walking this summer.

I guess this is why the owners are trying to sell while their overall stock is still at a top level and any new owners don’t realise the level of rebuild needed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I could see Klopp walking this summer.

It’s a phrase you often read but does it ever happen?

A manager saying no thank you to a multi-million pound payoff.

He won’t walk away.

Throwing so much money at Salah (and letting Mane go) was just so wrong and it looked wrong at the time.

Not only do they have resentment in the squad, his mega wages will be impacting their ability to bring in other players.

They should have sold him when they could. It also sends a message to the others thinking of holding the club to random.

• Like 1

Â