Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Only watched MOTD highlights cuz Virgin or Sky fooked up the audio on the extended highlights via the red button, so not really seen much of him, but what I have seen was impressive. Nice to see PL looks abroad for gems as well as at home.

An absolute rock. Just not sure about Clark next to him

Thought Clark was solid yesterday. A little rash in the tackle at times but otherwise solid and a threat from corners. He just needs the to settle. I can see it being a great partnership and with Dunne and Barker in there competing its all solid competition.

Loving the positivity on here. Reading these posts just brings a smile to my face. Long may it continue! :D

Also Vlaar was a beast. His run along the line, where he outpaced and out muscled Michu was brilliant!

This is Lambert's signing Im most excited about now, even more so than Benteke. Has the potential to be talked about in the same breath as McGrath, Laursen, Mellberg.

hard to believe that we paid roughly each for cuellar and curtis davies - yet we are able to purchase a season dutch international for 3 mil.

This is Lambert's signing Im most excited about now, even more so than Benteke. Has the potential to be talked about in the same breath as McGrath, Laursen, Mellberg.

hard to believe that we paid roughly each for cuellar and curtis davies - yet we are able to purchase a season dutch international for 3 mil.

Well 18m on those two or 3m on Vlaar - the difference is this manager doesn't only look at Premier league players / players he knows.

It's been so refreshing to sign players we've never heard of and that want to be here to play for Villa rather than move for the money (not necessarily slating Davies or Cuellar as I think they both weren't given a proper fair chance under MON and at least gave their all)

Â