Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

An absolute colossus. He timed every challenge well, got involved in every defensive move and was a brick wall in defending set pieces. First on the pitch and last off it too, you can tell he's revelling in his new team. Deserves the captaincy from now on; we could have a new legend in the making here.

He's a strong player indeed and as well as all the good things mentioned about him so far, he behaves like a leader. He spoke to each one of the players before the game and gave them a handshake/hug and is always talking on the pitch. He's likely to play a lot of matches too, which makes him perfect captain material. I don't think Darren Bent will ever make a good captain, he's rarely involved in the game.

He got clobbered at one point (can't remember when - sometime in the second half near the Holte End), He just got up, shook his head round a bit, and then kind of jogged back into position like some kind of yeti. That man is a beast!

He got clobbered at one point (can't remember when - sometime in the second half near the Holte End), He just got up, shook his head round a bit, and then kind of jogged back into position like some kind of yeti. That man is a beast!
Yeah I remember that. I don't think it can be stressed enough how much of a good signing this appears to be. I just don't understand how we got what looks like such a good player for so cheap. Bet he's on less wages than what Collins and Cuellar were on as well.

Yeah I remember that. I don't think it can be stressed enough how much of a good signing this appears to be. I just don't understand how we got what looks like such a good player for so cheap. Bet he's on less wages than what Collins and Cuellar were on as well.

Just seen highlights of the west ham game yesterday, can't believe we've replaced Collins with Vlaar and saved some cash too. Collins is such a liability and cost us so many goals with needless rash challenges.

Â