Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Really like the look of him. But that occasional long ball he tries and always seem to miss annoys me.
I think by Dutch standards he's a bit of a clogger, but compared to the kind of centre-backs we're used to he's like Beckenbauer. :P

I think by Dutch standards he's a bit of a clogger

lol. Nice term!

Never heard that before? Thought it was standard vocabulary. Must be out of fashion.

I was similarly surprised when I described someone as "a bit of a headbanger" - to the the great amusement of younger colleagues who weren't familiar with the term.

lol. Nice term!

Never heard that before? Thought it was standard vocabulary. Must be out of fashion.

I was similarly surprised when I described someone as "a bit of a headbanger" - to the the great amusement of younger colleagues who weren't familiar with the term.

Presumably the pun was intended though?

lol. Nice term!

Presumably the pun was intended though?

I assume so.

A Dutch clogger, it was on MOTD where a ball was launched by Newcastle aiming towards BA or Cisse, and instead of hoofing it away, he completely dummied the striker and passed it away. He is very good on the ball, he doesn't just hoof it to anybody, he actually tries to go direct by finding a player.

Really like the look of him. But that occasional long ball he tries and always seem to miss annoys me.
I think by Dutch standards he's a bit of a clogger, but compared to the kind of centre-backs we're used to he's like Beckenbauer. :P

Great description :)

He does seem to exude confidence, which is a great thing for a new and predominantly young back four.

• 2 weeks later...
Â