Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Richard, Vlaar was photographed at B6 well before your famous "welcome Ron" quote

My 6 month old daughter could do that lol

You are quite hilarious. Tell us another one! 8)

im really pleased PL has brought on board a new cb,after watching dunne/collins defend corners last season..great news utv

The only thing I would say is that whatever centre-halves are at the club, the level of coaching and organisation has to be much better than Houllier and McLeish ever achieved. Under O'Neill basically the same defence was probably the best in both boxes in the league so it has to be down to more than them just turning shit all of a sudden. Good luck to Concrete Ron anyway, he must have possibly the greatest nickname of all time.

Back to this signing, defence needed improving , defence is being improved. Please don't let it stop there (I don't think it will by the wy) .

Need a left back

Wide man

Forward

Please!

Can't wait for the Vlaaaaaaaar!!! shouts on MOTD this season every time he scores from a corner!

Should already have a decent understanding with KEA, very optimistic about the coming season after watching pre-season. UTV!

Richard, you didn't see them coming

Stop trying to be someone you are not

That's a bit rich coming from someone who spends most of their time making one line posts to increase their post count, spouting rubbish and stirring up shit.

I'm naturally cynical about ITKs but to be fair to Richard he does not big himself up and what he has said on here has been pretty much true unlike others.

I notice you are quiet about the stance you took on the club handling it badly.

My stance was that i believed we certainly had more than just a chat with Vlaar at villa park and to me it seemed that we had to sell a player in order to buy him.

I think the fact this has happened so soon after getting back shows we had more than just an informal chat with him when he was here.

And i'll be shocked if one of our defenders doesn't leave the club very soon.

My whole concern was that we'd lost out on a top target because of how we approached it. Others claimed lambert had changed his mind or had someone else lined up and again clearly that wasn't the case and Vlaar was a top target.

Like i said i have no problem with what we do as long as it doesn't prevent lambert from getting his players.

Good to get him in, we need a shake up at centre half.

I think we'll start the season with Dunne-Vlaar but before too long I hope it's Vlaar-Clark as that would mean more football from the back.

Get a LB in now and I reckon that will be it for the signings until January unless this Gabby injury is serious.

I notice you are quiet about the stance you took on the club handling it badly.

My stance was that i believed we certainly had more than just a chat with Vlaar at villa park and to me it seemed that we had to sell a player in order to buy him.

I think the fact this has happened so soon after getting back shows we had more than just an informal chat with him when he was here.

And i'll be shocked if one of our defenders doesn't leave the club very soon.

My whole concern was that we'd lost out on a top target because of how we approached it. Others claimed lambert had changed his mind or had someone else lined up and again clearly that wasn't the case and Vlaar was a top target.

Like i said i have no problem with what we do as long as it doesn't prevent lambert from getting his players.

So you were wrong then?

I can't believe some of the shite I read over this deal, from Feyenoord themselves, from Vlaar and from in particular our own fans. Ridiculous.

I'm astonished we've signed him after all that, I really am. But if it proves anything it's that the manager really, really wanted him. Fine by me.

Welcome to the club Ron (subject to medical).

Interesting that Vlaar said Villa "Apologised for the way they acted"....

The boy seems to carry a chip on his shoulder...let's hope he has one on the pitch, we need some steel in the side.

Â