Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I thought it was obvious he was a top target for us, just glad sticking to selling a player before buying one didn't cost lambert a player he wanted. As long as this policy doesn't effect our incomings then I guess it doesn't matter.

Getting Lamberts top targets is number one priority.

But we haven't sold anyone, therefore it would appear we are not on a sell to buy policy. Infact, by my reckoning, we have now signed four new players and, as yet, have not sold a single player. I'm not quite sure what you want?

Attention? A hug? A lost childhood? ;)

It seems that Villa didn't have the money available yet to complete the transfer a week ago so I guess Lambert must have sold a player. Villa also paid us 100,000 Euro's more in the El Ahmadi deal so that they could pay a part of the transfer fee next summer instead of the full fee right now.

Either you are massively ITK, which from reading your posts I have my doubts of, or you have believed some of the bluster coming from your club. The Feyenoord chairman seems to be a bit like McNally/Whelan to be fair...

I don't mean to be offensive, but this is Aston Villa. We do not struggle to raise £3m, or whatever this deal is worth, then throw another £100k in to sweeten our terms on a deal AND allow this information to leak to the press.

This is the Aston Villa that paid a £10m deposit for Darren Bent to force Sunderland's hand... :P

It helps to do that when you have a big chunk of Manchester city money sitting in the bank.

We also have a chunk of Man United and Liverpool money in the bank..

I thought it was obvious he was a top target for us, just glad sticking to selling a player before buying one didn't cost lambert a player he wanted. As long as this policy doesn't effect our incomings then I guess it doesn't matter.

But we haven't sold anyone, therefore it would appear we are not on a sell to buy policy. Infact, by my reckoning, we have now signed four new players and, as yet, have not sold a single player. I'm not quite sure what you want?

Well let's see what happens over the next few days.

I'm happy with how the summers going. My worry during all the fuss was that we'd miss out on Vlaar as one possibility was we needed to sell a player before we signed him. If collins does go I think it would be one massive coincidence that we just happen to sign Vlaar around the same time.

This whole 'bad attitude' thing has been blown way out of proportion imo. IIRC Lambert said Vlaar was a top guy with a top attitude, or words to that effect, after their little 'chat' at VP.

I smell misunderstandings, things being lost in translation, and a player desperate to join Villa.

In fact I think he's our new captain.

Glad we've finally got Vlaar, 99.9% sure he'll be an upgrade over Collin's who surely must be off now (Probably to Sunderland).

Hope he take's Warnock with him and we can buy Cresswell. Get a Winger in, maybe a striker and we're set for the season. (If we've got money to burn I'd like a CM but don't think it's necessary at this point.

@JamesNursey: Apparently Vlaar really impressed #AVFC in talks with his intelligence, physical stature and desire to make it in the Premier League

Sounds like a right gobshite.

:?

Just pointing out to those who were giving him grief that he doesn't sound too bad.

Also we must have had some amazing talks since we landed considering we just had a brief chat with him and gave no real indication we wanted him when he was here last week.

Well let's see what happens over the next few days.

I'm happy with how the summers going. My worry during all the fuss was that we'd miss out on Vlaar as one possibility was we needed to sell a player before we signed him. If collins does go I think it would be one massive coincidence that we just happen to sign Vlaar around the same time.

Again I don't see the problem with a sell-to-buy policy, if indeed there is one (the evidence supports otherwise). I think it will be a bit of a miracle to get rid of any of the defenders this early in the summer anyway because they are shite so I think Collins will be here for a while longer.

Soooooooooo this now means that Richard is still 100% ITK.

His info was that the club really wanted him and he would be shocked if it wasn't done.

Well done pal.

Apart from missing Holmann KEA & Lowton it's a decent record

You're the reason why I question posting any itk stuff on here, and this from someone who relies on a queue at tescos . Anyway just for you

Holman was before my itk started, he was signed by Mcduff

Kea I said welcome about four days before he was officially signed

Lowton I said, before he signed, "you wait for a signing and two come along at once"

Not that I have to justify myself to the likes of you.

Again I don't see the problem with a sell-to-buy policy

As long as it doesn't effect Lambert signing his top targets then i have no problem with it.

My problem with a sell to buy policy is that no clubs seem to want some of the dross we have accumulated over the last few years.

@JamesNursey: Apparently Vlaar really impressed #AVFC in talks with his intelligence, physical stature and desire to make it in the Premier League

Sounds like a right gobshite.

:?

Just pointing out to those who were giving him grief that he doesn't sound too bad.

Seriously? This is from James Nursey, it isnt fact. If it was on the official site they wouldnt portray the guy in a bad light either. Maybe he is intelligent, maybe he has huge desire and again I'm glad we have signed him as I believe he's a decent player but the fact is he/his agent mouthed off a bit.

I notice you are quiet about the stance you took on the club handling it badly.

Personally I'm still getting over Richard no longer being the resident grumblebum in chief.

He is the St Paul of VT. Had a Road to Damascus moment and now longer persecutes us - he makes believers of us!

:-)

Â