Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Mantis, Dunne is better than Collins and will be good to keep in squad!
That's debatable.

Who is going to buy Dunne on the wages he's on? No-one. Dunne on form is a top defender, even still, and on balance he's a good character as well.

He's not going anywhere and I don't have a problem with that.

It is certainly arguable. He reads the game so well that the first yard is in his head and he physically dominates.

I hope Vlaar brings some of that. He is certainly big enough. For me possibly the most crucial ingrediant is his leadership. So many managers have commented on how quiet we are. Time for a fearless leader.

That's debatable.

Who is going to buy Dunne on the wages he's on? No-one. Dunne on form is a top defender, even still, and on balance he's a good character as well.

Shame Dunne is hardly ever on form. He's incredibly overrated. Always has at least one clanger in him. I don't know him in person but he doesn't sound like a great character off the pitch either.

Hopefully Clark will partner Vlaar anyway.

That's debatable.

Shame Dunne is hardly ever on form. He's incredibly overrated. Always has at least one clanger in him. I don't know him in person but he doesn't sound like a great character off the pitch either.

Hopefully Clark will partner Vlaar anyway.

I think it will be Dunne and Vlaar. I dont think Clark is very good at centre back.

What happened to "we don't need players with his attitude" ,"word removed", "**** him" etc...etc...

Jesus H you are a bunch of fickle bastards!

I stick by my original comments though and still longing go the hope this alls through as I don't rate him. I am however, willing to eat humble pie if he is a success.

I think we've missed a bit of

About 1:28 in to the vid to see Ron in action. Happy with this signing, smart bit of business.

Good stuff. I'd like to see that at VP.

For me, I'm glad that the Vlaar deal was put on hold until we had confirmation of an exit(s) from the club being imminent.

I don't see it as "Sell to Buy" so much, more just balancing the books.

The last 2 years at Villa Park have been awful, and have been caused by the financial irresponsibility of RL during MON's time at VP. I cannot see that Lerner has any other choice but to be more careful if we are to avoid being in a relegation scrap each season. I think in Lerner's defence from what some are posting, you can't criticise him for letting the wages get out of control 2007-2010, and then criticise him for trying to keep them in check. It's taken 2 years, but we've finally got them to a manageable level - I can't see RL ever letting this happen again!

As for Vlaar, I'd be lying if I said I was impressed by his little outbursts in the last week or so - even if we were in the wrong over the deal, I just don't believe you need to talk to the press about those things.

That said though, I feel there's something about this guy that makes me think he's going to be talked about in years to come in the same conversations as God, and Laursen. The rumored £3.2m sounds like a snip too!

Richard, I knew you wouldnt be wrong! :D Great times! Keep the info coming!

Any news on the mystery striker? Is it a "meltdown" signing?

BTW I always thougt Vlaar would sign once we were back from America...

Â