Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

So what you're saying is that we should persevere with Dunne and Collins rather than bringing in replacements who would have pace and are able to distribute the ball properly?

No.

I was merely commenting on pace and it's relevance to a solid centre back partnership.

Vidic's partner, by the way, is Rio Ferdinand. A guy who lost the vast majority of his pace about 5 years ago.

So what you're saying is that we should persevere with Dunne and Collins rather than bringing in replacements who would have pace and are able to distribute the ball properly?

No.

I was merely commenting on pace and it's relevance to a solid centre back partnership.

Vidic's partner, by the way, is Rio Ferdinand. A guy who lost the vast majority of his pace about 5 years ago.

Ferdinand still has a turn of pace but i feel if we are to bring any success to our club in the near future we have to move with the times and rid ourselves of the cumbersome hoof ball centreback to be replaced by a centreback partnership with at least one with pace and both being able to pass the ball out of defence to a team mate.

No but who do they play beside.

Both Dunne and Vlaar have no pace and thats my point!

But can they read the game? :bang:

Anyway, we don't know if Dunne is staying, do we?

The way football is being played now centrebacks need pace to deal with top forwards and thats the only way our team will gain success.

Name me these pacy centrebacks in the top premier league clubs.

Ferdinand still has a turn of pace but i feel if we are to bring any success to our club in the near future we have to move with the times and rid ourselves of the cumbersome hoof ball centreback to be replaced by a centreback partnership with at least one with pace and both being able to pass the ball out of defence to a team mate.

Your boy Clark has a little pace does he not? He can pass a ball too, got some tekkers.

How come you're under the assumption Vlaar is a hoofer? Because I've heard completely the opposite.

The way football is being played now centrebacks need pace to deal with top forwards and thats the only way our team will gain success.

Listen mate we are no longer competing against top teams and top forwards,we are fighting for the scraps thrown from the top 4 teams which is europa league and league cup,we should have players capable of competing with the rest of the league.

We're going to have to get ourselves back together and face Dynamo Kyiv with a 20 year old for captain...

Congratulations on signing Ron. I think a lot of PL clubs that ended above Villa last year should ask themselves what just happened in Birmingham for 4 million euro.

Ron is not a hoofer, but if hoofing is his final option, you can bet your balls he will do it.

May I just state I enjoyed his last game for us, against Real Mallorca who last Wednesday did not get anything for free the entire game. Sadly, we lack goalscoring finesse, so the game ended 0-0 where 3 or 4 by our side would have been fair.

Name me these pacy centrebacks in the top premier league clubs.

Luiz, Cahill=Chelsea.

Jones, Evans, Ferdinand=Man U.

Coloccini=Newcastle

Man City=Kompany, Lescott.

Mate could go on but can't be bothered.

Your boy Clark has a little pace does he not? He can pass a ball too, got some tekkers.

How come you're under the assumption Vlaar is a hoofer? Because I've heard completely the opposite.

Will repeat it again. Answering to a previous poster naming Dunne and Vlaar as our new centreback partnership.

Didn't say Vlaar was a hoofer. I said he and Dunne together lacked pace!

:?

Listen mate we are no longer competing against top teams and top forwards,we are fighting for the scraps thrown from the top 4 teams which is europa league and league cup,we should have players capable of competing with the rest of the league.

Ok so we accept getting turned over by the top six instead of bringing in defensive players who will have the attributes needed to defend against pacy forwards. A complete defeatest attitude which our previous manager had and its no wonder this club has stagnated.

Richard, keep up the good info. :thumb:

Don't let people like CI stop you, he's just jealous that you have a brain.

yep nice one richard.

also, can all of those who posted massively hysterical hissy fit posts about how shit we are as a club, how bad we looked, how it's typical that we missed out etc. etc. etc. please think twice before posting hysterical negative gobshite without reason the next time.

it was pretty obvious that the hold up was being on tour in the states.

Ok so we accept getting turned over by the top six instead of bringing in defensive players who will have the attributes needed to defend against pacy forwards. A complete defeatest attitude which our previous manager had and its no wonder this club has stagnated.

This I agree with. It's your assumption that Vlaar doesn't fit that mould that has me completely baffled.

Â