Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I notice you are quiet about the stance you took on the club handling it badly.

My stance was that i believed we certainly had more than just a chat with Vlaar at villa park and to me it seemed that we had to sell a player in order to buy him.

I think the fact this has happened so soon after getting back shows we had more than just an informal chat with him when he was here.

And i'll be shocked if one of our defenders doesn't leave the club very soon.

My whole concern was that we'd lost out on a top target because of how we approached it. Others claimed lambert had changed his mind or had someone else lined up and again clearly that wasn't the case and Vlaar was a top target.

Like i said i have no problem with what we do as long as it doesn't prevent lambert from getting his players.

So you were wrong then?

I can't believe some of the shite I read over this deal, from Feyenoord themselves, from Vlaar and from in particular our own fans. Ridiculous.

I'm astonished we've signed him after all that, I really am. But if it proves anything it's that the manager really, really wanted him. Fine by me.

Welcome to the club Ron (subject to medical).

:lol: doesn't look like i was wrong yet, if we lose a player in the next few days i think it will show i was right about the situation.

It was people blindly defending the club that claimed we didn't want him and that it was bullshit that we'd had anymore than just a chat with him.

I never once said we wouldn't sign him. I consistently expressed my anger that we might lose out on him due to what we were doing.

Interesting that Vlaar said Villa "Apologised for the way they acted"....

The boy seems to carry a chip on his shoulder...let's hope he has one on the pitch, we need some steel in the side.

Well thats funny. Why would we have needed to do that?

:lol::lol:

I can't believe some of the shite I read over this deal, from Feyenoord themselves, from Vlaar and from in particular our own fans. Ridiculous.

His agent said we expressed to him that we would sign his player and that we needed to sell a player before that could happen.

24 hours after landing back we agree terms with Vlaar and Collins is off to talk to another club.

:lol: Yes clearly he was talking shit.

My relationship with Feyenoord is forever, I will definitely keep coming back in the tank.

**** me, he's got a tank. That'll make Ireland's Range Rover look a bit ghey.

Soooooooooo this now means that Richard is still 100% ITK.

His info was that the club really wanted him and he would be shocked if it wasn't done.

Well done pal.

Apart from missing Holmann KEA & Lowton it's a decent record

You're the reason why I question posting any itk stuff on here, and this from someone who relies on a queue at tescos . Anyway just for you

Holman was before my itk started, he was signed by Mcduff

Kea I said welcome about four days before he was officially signed

Lowton I said, before he signed, "you wait for a signing and two come along at once"

Not that I have to justify myself to the likes of you.

Don't even rise to it, some of us value genuine itk no matter how frequent or infrequent it might be.

I know we've had our differences in the past but you've been bang on with a lot of shit recently and obviously have some kind of inside track

All these posters on here going into panic mode because of Feynoord's desperate behaviour must feel like right chumps now! I always expected this deal to get done when I read Lamberts comments last week.

It seems to me that Feynoord's chairman got his knickers in a twist because he didn't understand that our tour of America was also important for business thus our CEO had to be on the tour too! Which is why the transfer had to wait till they got back. By business I am not ITK, I am refering to things like seeking new sponsors, and expanding the Villa brand as there would be no point in touring abroad otherwise.

Also, CI do you really have to be such an antagonistic little so and so?

what ITK stuff did our beloved CI pick up at the rumour mill known as tesco?

It must be Tescos all the way. I was in Waitrose today and do you know what? **** all rumours, even from 'the Suits'. Maybe I'll try Morrisons.....

Would be very concerned if we start the season with Vlaar and Dunne as our centreback partnership. No pace!

When are we feckin going to realize that we need both pace and ball playing centrebacks to improve distribution and to handle top six forwards?

His agent said we expressed to him that we would sign his player and that we needed to sell a player before that could happen.

24 hours after landing back we agree terms with Vlaar and Collins is off to talk to another club.

:lol: Yes clearly he was talking shit.

If you notice I didn't mention his agent in my post.

You weren't the worst culprit.

Our club, like it or not, did what they believed was best for our club. Funny that. Yet they were dragged through the mud despite not once opening their mouths. We acted professionally and with dignity as far as I am concerned.

Yes, the two deals are likely linked, so what? What does that prove other than we still have an issue with wages, an issue we are FINALLY dealing with in the correct manner.

Well done Aston Villa.

I was commenting on a previous poster's idea of a Dunne-Vlaar partnership.

So what you're saying is that we should persevere with Dunne and Collins rather than bringing in replacements who would have pace and are able to distribute the ball properly?

We need to get away from slow centreback partnerships who are easily turned and play hoof ball if we want to progress our style of football.

No but who do they play beside.

Both Dunne and Vlaar have no pace and thats my point!

But can they read the game? :bang:

Anyway, we don't know if Dunne is staying, do we?

The way football is being played now centrebacks need pace to deal with top forwards and thats the only way our team will gain success.

Â