Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Pound for pound the worst Villa signing ever.

What about Bosko Taliban? Signed for 6m. Adjust for inflation and that's 8-9m now.

Baliban wasnt on £ 68,000 a week though. Ireland would have cost Villa in excess of £20m in fees and wages by the glorious day he finally leaves.

Pound for pound the worst Villa signing ever.

What about Bosko Taliban? Signed for 6m. Adjust for inflation and that's 8-9m now.

Going OT I know, but never worked out why Bosko never got a look-in with us. Scored bucket loads before, whilst on-loan and after the Villa.

Bosko Balaban, what happened next

Anyway, I agree that Ireland won't, nor should he have to, take a reduced pay-off from his contract. As I said before, we can't rightly piss and moan about Benteke wanting to leave yet, in the same breath, get the hump because Ireland may wish to 'honour' his contract.

Dem's da breaks, innit!

Balaban was never scouted, he was signed off the back of a video Gregory watched of him his agent had sent him, with us being in the uefa cup and needing to register a squad for that competition he was signed without ever being really examined as a player. then gregory left a few months after signing him, Taylor signed Allback and Crouch and O`Leary had no use for him.

Gregory did a brilliant interview last year on talksport where he talks about balaban and how he was looking better in training and would have got his chance. 

The idea of this bloke playing in the championship is hilarious

His attitude is a disgrace and i cannot fathom the idea of him playing up to 3 games a week against some of the physical specimens they have down there

I hope boro do a deal and we can get rid of him but he will get eaten alive in that division

Edited by AshVilla

Balaban was actually one of the most highly rated young strikers in Europe when we signed him. He had 7 goals in his first 5 games for Croatia and plenty of other clubs were looking at him so not too dissimilar to Benteke really.

He just never looked fit enough for the premier league.

• Like 1

**** no chance he will join Boro, playing 3 times in a week and being on vastly reduced wages, #haveadayoffmedia  :)

Going to be either Villa pay him off e.g. Warnock or send him out on loan again and pay the majority of his wages; madness that it is 65k.

Edited by Avflife

Is he back in training now? Even with the youth/reserve team? We've just heard nothing regarding his situation. Still hoping that we can get him off the wage bill this summer. He is one of the last remnants of our period of financial stupidity.

Starting to think the best we can hope for is some sort of Richard Dunne type injury, ruling him out for the season saving us money on the insurance.

Not that I normally wish an injury on a player - but I can think of some exceptions!

If not, someone should go down there and break his legs. I am sorry but he does f'*** all and just drains this club for money. I literally don`t care, this guy packs 78k a week, that is just mad. He deserves everything that is coming at him, and then some. 

If not, someone should go down there and break his legs. I am sorry but he does f'*** all and just drains this club for money. I literally don`t care, this guy packs 78k a week, that is just mad. He deserves everything that is coming at him, and then some. 

wouldn't wish that on him but agree with the fact he's raping the club with his high wage and low effort

fair play to whom ever asked him, and fair play to ireland for answering, it cant be easy knowing that your employers no longer want you and are trying to offload you

• Like 1

Â