Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Yeah he said, the three of us have been training on our own...

I think that pretty much says

'Well, I know I'm not wanted here.' 

I wouldn't be so certain that he's leaving though, I can't imagine there would be many players willing to pay his current wages. 

fair play to whom ever asked him, and fair play to ireland for answering, it cant be easy knowing that your employers no longer want you and are trying to offload you

Yeah it must be so hard for him.. Getting paid an absolute fortune to do sod all, in a career that you dont give a toss about..

fair play to whom ever asked him, and fair play to ireland for answering, it cant be easy knowing that your employers no longer want you and are trying to offload you

Yeah it must be so hard for him.. Getting paid an absolute fortune to do sod all, in a career that you dont give a toss about..

Where's this idea he doesn't give a toss about his career coming from? 

I think the general consensus on here is that Ireland doesn't care. I may be wrong.

I've never really seen anything from him to suggest he doesn't care tbh. He worked his bollox off on the pitch for us, and City, and is known for being a very intensive trainer. I think the problem with him is that he needs a very specific set of circumstances (tactics and teammates) in order to perform. So specific in fact, that it's unlikely he'll actually fit in anywhere unless a team is built around him

• Like 1

Bums. When I saw this rising to the surface again I thought there was news of him going.

But no. Just a reminder of the lunacy of the time when he was signed without a manager in place, or even any strategy about what sort of manager we would be getting.

Never been in a job myself where you turn up for work each day and do stuff that no-one gives a toss about and then pick up your pay just the same. Certainly not £75,000 a week. This is a crazy situation and I can't see at present how it's going to end.

I really dont get this 'gifted' player who's under achieving tag, he had half a good season at man city when they were playing well and had the likes of robinho and elano in there team. Hes an idle bugger who i have to time for at all. Ive yet to see him do anything half decent in a villa shirt. Out of all the outcasts he is the one ill be glad to see gone the most, utter waster

• Like 1

I think the general consensus on here is that Ireland doesn't care. I may be wrong.

Yeah, it's wrong. He worked very hard for us and the amount of revisionism over his time here is mindboggling. It's just miconcepton after stereotype after misconception. People wanting him to get injured because the club was stupid enough to offer such a deal to him? Ridiculous.

• Like 1

I'm fully aware that it was the club who were stupid enough to grant him the contract. I have also never wished him injury.

I would never doubt that Ireland has tremendous fitness levelsc However he only worked hard in certain areas, ie tracking back. In my eyes he has a very lackadaisical approach when in possession.

I would also say that working hard doesn't necessary show he cares about his career. Hutton has shown that he isn't happy sitting in the reserves and has made advances to move to put his career forward. There are no noises to suggest Ireland has done that (obviously we don't know what goes on behind doors).

I really dont get this 'gifted' player who's under achieving tag, he had half a good season at man city when they were playing well and had the likes of robinho and elano in there team. Hes an idle bugger who i have to time for at all. Ive yet to see him do anything half decent in a villa shirt. Out of all the outcasts he is the one ill be glad to see gone the most, utter waster

He played well for City in 07/08 aswell under Sven. At the time he was 21 so one of the most highly rated youngsters in the country.

I certainly didn't want Milner to go but 18m + Ireland seemed a good deal to me at the time. I was very very wrong.

I guess, Bent, Hutton and him training away from the main squad.

I feel a bit sorry for Bent. At least he's contributed something to the club. He deserves a little more respect than those 2 losers.

Why is Alan Hutton a loser? 

None of them have done anything wrong TBF

Perhaps they havent but they are on crazy wages. Basically what Villa are trying to do is move them on and make them attractive to other clubs. If they are desperate to leave they may accept lower wages. No club will take them on wages they currently get.

So yes it may not be nice but its a means to an end

Just seen video clip of Ireland saying he doesn't have a clue if he staying or going. Kind of felt sorry for him when saw that.

Hope him and others training on their own get a move soon. Not ideal.

Â