Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Ireland isn't a bad player at all, surprised some people think he is. Great technique and vision, sometimes a bit too ambitious you could say.

Doesn't really "graft" though, and I can't imagine him grafting in training. Lambert has made his mind up which is a bit of a shame as he has ability.

He is an ok player but dosent seem to impact games enough. Goes missing when things are against us and I guess lacks the graft needed at times as mentioned above.

We also know for a fact the club wants rid of all high earners that do not warrant even half of the money they are earning.

Just seen video clip of Ireland saying he doesn't have a clue if he staying or going. Kind of felt sorry for him when saw that.

Hope him and others training on their own get a move soon. Not ideal.

Yeah me too kind of, but at the same time, he does need to be forced out, as I bet he would be happy to run down his contract.

It's an odd one cause he is very talented but... only a few times (most notably Chelsea under he who shall not be named) has he actually made an impact on a game.

Don't think he played a game after after the LC semi final did he? In was very poor in that.

God get him out the club. He makes me angry just being here still. I notice people still saying he has the talent etc what are you lot drinking? The guy is pony

All the players we want rid of should be training with the 1st team as we will get low balled on any offer if teams think we think there terrible. With the amount of injuries we have they could help the team out until end of window

Ireland isn't a bad player at all, surprised some people think he is. Great technique and vision, sometimes a bit too ambitious you could say.

Doesn't really "graft" though, and I can't imagine him grafting in training. Lambert has made his mind up which is a bit of a shame as he has ability.

Was known for obsessive training, almost over training.

Don't know what is wrong with him. It's all in his head anyway I'd guess.

God get him out the club. He makes me angry just being here still. I notice people still saying he has the talent etc what are you lot drinking? The guy is pony

I'm with you mate......over-rated tosspot who once had 7 or 8 half decent games on the spin in an average Citeh side. How he got a 'Player of the Year' accolade season before last is one of the great mysteries of our lifetime.....

All the players we want rid of should be training with the 1st team as we will get low balled on any offer if teams think we think there terrible. With the amount of injuries we have they could help the team out until end of window

Disagree, nobody is going to take our lot on the wages bar perhaps Bent. Only think is to try and force them out by them taking a pay cut to play football at another club

It's not the players fault, got to feel for Ireland a bit he did well at city and had a decent season for us just didn't fit the plan I guess.Hope he gets his career back on track

Doesn't he spend a shit load of his wages on fish?

Like, he cares about fish more than football?

Have I dreamt this?

EDIT: No I was right, who in their right mind spends £100k on a fish tank. Jesus Christ.

Edited by samjp26

Even on 10-20k he wouldnt be worth it, i like him weirdly but what does he offer over he course of a season? Not nearly enough.

Im not shocked that theres no takers though, who would want a guy on 50k a week that hasnt performed for 3+ years? I reckon he'll be here until next summer, picking up that last big payday.

Didn't feel sorry for Ireland until I saw that video on the fanside youtube page. I hope all three of them (Ireland, Bent and Bannan) find moves soon as it seems like they've been left in the lurch really, just waiting for offers to come in. Sounds like Bent is pretty likely to go sooner than later, even Bannan says he's leaving, but doesn't seem like there has been much interest in Ireland as he is the only one to say he doesn't know what is going to happen.

I think the three of them all want to play football in a team that wants them but ultimately it's between taking half your salary or not playing. I'm sure there would be people on here that would happily double their salary, even if it meant doing a job they didn't want to do. Sad but true. Society is very material and footballers are broadly speaking extremely materialistic individuals, if they aren't training or scoring goals in games, a lot of the time their only other fulfillment comes from spending money. Certainly there are a generation where that is true just now. I think a lot of them could use a hobby or another interest to be honest, something that isn't buying clothes, cars, eating calorific food in expensive restaurants, drinking or even drugs. I guess fish aren't such a bad interest compared to some!

Doesn't he spend a shit load of his wages on fish?

Have I dreamt this?

EDIT: No I was right, who in their right mind spends £100k on a fish tank. Jesus Christ.

stephen-ireland.jpg

I begin to see some logic here,,,   :detect:

I know it's only a few seconds of footage but Ireland seems like a nice guy. Seemed to enjoy interacting with the fans. A bit more than Bent and Bannan at least

Maybe it's just the Irish accent.  :lol:

Edited by adz.villa

So anything a footballer spends money on, they automatically care more about that than football? I'd imagine a big time fish enthusiast (believe it or not, they exist) would have no bother paying a week and a bit's wage for a top class tank and selection of fish

Â