Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Well if this is true, Ireland's off to stoke and Donny rovers are taking Given and Dunne.

The Mirror is always reliable, right?

I mean they wouldn't just print absolute bollocks based on nothing, would they?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-news-stephen-ireland-1982068

Saying Ireland is on £30k a week undermines the credibility of the whole article.

Hughes is a fool but is he stupid enough to offer a big contract to the likes of SI, given his recent experience with QPR? I seriously doubt it.

In the Bent column the Mirror also says that Ireland is on 50k a week here. Doesn't sound like they know their arse from their elbow.

Man City would have only paid him the remaining amount of his wages for whatever length of contract he had left when he left them. So if he had 2 years left they would have stopped paying by now. So I assume Ireland would have known that and they would have been pushing for us to pay as much as possible so that he could keep as much as possible after his contract ran out at City. So i'd be surprised if he's on as 'little' as 30-40k here

Edited by HalfTimePost

It The Mirror so therefore shouldn't be taken seriously.

That said, I've got the engine running and enough petrol to get him to Stoke or Goodison and I'm ready at the drop of a hat to drive him wherever he needs to go.

Oh, no smoking in the car though Stephen.

Well if this is true, Ireland's off to stoke and Donny rovers are taking Given and Dunne.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-news-stephen-ireland-1982068

Saying Ireland is on £30k a week undermines the credibility of the whole article.

Hughes is a fool but is he stupid enough to offer a big contract to the likes of SI, given his recent experience with QPR? I seriously doubt it.

Thankfully, some managers never learn.

Thankfully, some managers never learn.

Thankfully, some managers never learn. in the case of Newcastle some owners don't either.

Ireland has lived up to all of my expectations pre-signing, my opinion at the time is that he was/is a little unbalanced (mentally, I don't mean he has one leg shorter than the other though this could also be true for all I know) and no longer motivated to play football for some reason, no doubt heavily influenced by the absurd amount of money he's already earned off the back of 12-18 months of playing well.

He was damaged goods and I'd love to know who's decision it was to bring him in as part of that deal.

We will find it very difficult to move him on now as if I'm thinking this stuff then I'm sure many others are, the best thing we can do is to negotiate as hard as possible on a settlement figure to cancel his contract, if he had any self respect he'd do what Holman has done to get first team football elsewhere.

The sooner his billy big bollocks attitude and neon Bentley are removed from the training ground and general environment the better

He was damaged goods and I'd love to know who's decision it was to bring him in as part of that deal.

Think it must have been O'Neill - he fitted into our counterattacking style at the time. Probably would have turned out to be a good player under him too I think, but left us with a proper white elephant instead. As H&V said, the sooner the snakeskin trousers go the better.

Come on Stoke.  Please try changing your horrible football style by bringing in the magnificent Ireland to transform you into a top 6 team. 

Plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by PieFacE

Think it must have been O'Neill - he fitted into our counterattacking style at the time. Probably would have turned out to be a good player under him too I think, but left us with a proper white elephant instead. As H&V said, the sooner the snakeskin trousers go the better.

O'Neill had gone by the time he signed, OK he apparently met Ireland but we know he didn't want to sell Milner in the first place. Lerner should have cancelled the deal as soon as the shopaholic MON left the building as it was lunacy to risk a new manager wanting such a controversial player as Ireland. Randy has to take the blame for this one.

Â