Stephen Ireland

omariqy

File under 'David Bentley'.

The boys a waste of space, lacks integrity but who can blame him - our contract gave him more money than most of us on here put together will earn in a life time with the guarantee of nothing in return. You will always get them. He's a loser and certainly not a Lambert player.

I would bet my house that Lambert will ensure his sort don't darken the corridors of Boimoor any season at enter he cost.

Edited by thunderball

I told a load of my colleagues during pre season how awesome he was and that he was going to be our main creative force.  Every man jack of them took the bait and had him in their fantasy football teams when the season started.  Now in a small way they know the ultimate futility of a Stephen Ireland transfer and I am less burdened with friendship than I was before this little prank.

Ireland is going to be at VP next year unless the club pay him off, who in there right mind is going to give a contract to this muppet on anything near what he's on now when he has had one decent season 5 years ago and the occasional, very occasional, good game since?

Edited by Corcaigh

Stephen Ireland and Villa will attempt to strike a compromise over his likely summer exit when the exiled midfielder returns from holiday.

The 26-year-old is surplus to requirements as manager Paul Lambert sets in motion the next phase of overhauling the claret and blues squad.

Ireland is currently out of the country but is due to meet with the Villa hierarchy in an effort to resolve his future on his return next month.

The possibility of agreeing a settlement on the final year of his contract will be discussed with Ireland and his representatives.

With a reported salary of £65,000 per week, Ireland would stand to earn more than £3 million if he stays until his deal expires next summer.

But Villa would be loathe to give the former Manchester City favourite a ‘golden handshake’ of that scale after an uninspiring three year spell.

Ireland has fallen out of favour with Lambert during the second half of the season and has not been in Villa’s matchday squad since January.

His last appearance in claret and blue was during the Capital One Cup semi-final exit against Bradford at Villa Park four months ago.

Last season he was also banished to train with Villa’s academy youngsters when Lambert decided the first team squad could do without him.

He was conspicuous by his absence from Villa’s annual awards dinner and lap of appreciation following the last home match of the season.

Despite his surprise supporters’ player of the season award in 2011-12, Ireland has rarely lived up to his £8 million price-tag.

He has made 47 starts and 13 substitute appearances, scoring one goal, since arriving as the makeweight in the James Milner deal in 2010.

It is thought Ireland would consider a move to the continent if his departure from Villa can be resolved to his and the club’s satisfaction.

Brum Mail

Edited by HalfTimePost

Bham Mail newspaper reporting that we will offer him £2mill to end his contract with us this summer, rather than having to pay £3mill+ to have him sitting around in our squad for a year.

Makes sense i guess to save £1mill, which could be used on other players.

Edited by ender4

Stephen Ireland and Villa will attempt to strike a compromise over his likely summer exit when the exiled midfielder returns from holiday.

The 26-year-old is surplus to requirements as manager Paul Lambert sets in motion the next phase of overhauling the claret and blues squad.

Ireland is currently out of the country but is due to meet with the Villa hierarchy in an effort to resolve his future on his return next month.

The possibility of agreeing a settlement on the final year of his contract will be discussed with Ireland and his representatives.

With a reported salary of £65,000 per week, Ireland would stand to earn more than £3 million if he stays until his deal expires next summer.

But Villa would be loathe to give the former Manchester City favourite a ‘golden handshake’ of that scale after an uninspiring three year spell.

Ireland has fallen out of favour with Lambert during the second half of the season and has not been in Villa’s matchday squad since January.

His last appearance in claret and blue was during the Capital One Cup semi-final exit against Bradford at Villa Park four months ago.

Last season he was also banished to train with Villa’s academy youngsters when Lambert decided the first team squad could do without him.

He was conspicuous by his absence from Villa’s annual awards dinner and lap of appreciation following the last home match of the season.

Despite his surprise supporters’ player of the season award in 2011-12, Ireland has rarely lived up to his £8 million price-tag.

He has made 47 starts and 13 substitute appearances, scoring one goal, since arriving as the makeweight in the James Milner deal in 2010.

It is thought Ireland would consider a move to the continent if his departure from Villa can be resolved to his and the club’s satisfaction.

Brum Mail

Can you blame him?

I hate the way we just freeze players out and make them train with the kids. Seems so immature. 

I've got no problem with any player being frozen out. Lambert clearly doesn't appreciate Ireland's attitude and contribution so he wants to push him out the door.

£2m to that waste of space is criminal! Another Lerner/Faulkner **** up! If only we had a decent owner and CEO we could have gone places?

Ireland seems to be making a career of receiving payouts just to **** off? He probably lists his job on LinkedIn as professional annoying clearing in the woods??? He must have made £5m from that already at 26?

Basically what will end up happening is he will find a new club and we will pay the difference in his wages for the next 12 months.

This will save us what ever wages his new club are willing to pay him. Similar to us loaning him out for the last year of his contract.

Basically what will end up happening is he will find a new club and we will pay the difference in his wages for the next 12 months.

This will save us what ever wages his new club are willing to pay him. Similar to us loaning him out for the last year of his contract.

Correct, that is exactly what I expect to happen. So long as we can find a club to take him that is.

Â