Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Yeah I hold my hand up, I was one of them! I thought after being frozen out at Citeh and pushed out of the door he'd want to prove a point like Richard Dunne did in his first season - how wrong I was!

All he really wanted to do was ponce around in an extremely dubiously decorated house and ponce around in a pink car! The lad has got mental problems I reckon.

Citeh saw us coming a mile off didnt they!

Why would any club buy him and take on his wages? He is on a free next summer so think we are stuck with him until then unless Hughes gets the Stoke job perhaps.

If Hughes gets the Stoke job, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Ireland and Bent.
  • Like 2

always thought he only joined Villa on a 3 year deal. hasnt worked out and somehow won player of season under McLeish, though the criticism he gets is OTT at times

I remember a few comments on here saying how we had got the better deal with him and cash for Milner. I suspected then that may not be the case

What is it with point scoring with the benefit of hindsight with some people?

Ridiculous.

• Like 3

Why would any club buy him and take on his wages? He is on a free next summer so think we are stuck with him until then unless Hughes gets the Stoke job perhaps.

If Hughes gets the Stoke job, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Ireland and Bent.

Lets hope so !!

worst part about Ireland is its clear he has talent but has never really consistently found a position in a team. I remember him ripping us apart one monday night on Sky in his 1st season at City, think they won 3-1

I remember a few comments on here saying how we had got the better deal with him and cash for Milner. I suspected then that may not be the case

no need for point scoring. be like people picking on you for saying we were definitely going to go down this season

Or the season before... or the season before that.....

no need for point scoring. be like people picking on you for saying we were definitely going to go down this season

Or the season before... or the season before that.....

Me and a few others but then that's the football pessimist in me.

In terms of Ireland,  it was obviously so not the best deal for us and the comments at the time,  and by the way some being dished out by those supporting the Ireland transfer,  you can excuse a little vindication now.

Me too. We'll offer him a payoff to terminate his contract. I'm not entirely sure he'll stay in the game after this summer, I'd be very surprised if he found another club. Good luck to them as he's been a complete disaster here.

i think we will really struggle to offload him

so many times ive defended him on here and hoped inside my heart that he will pull a masterstroke performance and be that attacking centre mid that we so need to get us a few cheeky goals as well

but it hasnt been, best we go our seperate ways and maybe he can find his footing elsewhere, as long a someone will accept his high wages

Â