Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Sheff have a good record with RB's and Culverhouse should be able to know a good one when he see's it..

but at 23 I feel he would have been snapped up already if he was going to make it. It may be a surprise and he may be very good but I'd much rather get Clyne sorted or pay a little bit extra for Naughton.

However, In Lambert we trust.

Feck me another 'in Lambert we trust.'

Why do we place our trust in a manager who has just come from Norwich?

Give him at least a season folks to see how he performs before we know whether he's the real McCoy or not. :?

I'm not sure what angle your coming from, surely with a new manager who has some recent success, we should be backing him, not looking for the first oportunity to criticise.

His brother is on Twitter - says the fee is very different to what is being reported. Won't say what it is though.

Probably £1mil up front with add ons, the SUFC fans said they are very bad for selling players.

Never seen him play and I had never even heard of him until last week. This doesn't matter though because Lambert is trying to make signings that will help take us forward and he's got my support in doing so. Besides, he can't be any worse than Hutton!

Welcome to Villa, Matthew.

After reading some of the comments of some blades fans im looking more forward to seeing him in the villa shirt, especially this one..

''Today is another dark day for the club. Another home grown young talent is sold unnecessarily. A solid right back at this level and brilliant going forward. Played with passion and commitment, rarely missed a game and was outstannding last season. Cannot be on a large salary, still a few years left on his contract and obviously loves the club. Yet the clubs sells him at the fist offer. How many more talent young lads that grow up in the Sheffield area are going to be sold on the cheap when we do not really after. This is **** wank. A short sighted 'business' decision.

Lowton being solid at RB really helped us have one of the best defences in the league last year. The way he got forward was fantastic. Scoring a hat full of goals, getting into the box late, supplying crosses, linking with Williamson and being a constant menance. He will be sorely missed.''

Just hope he can step it up and do it in the Premier league.

After reading some of the comments of some blades fans im looking more forward to seeing him in the villa shirt, especially this one..

''Today is another dark day for the club. Another home grown young talent is sold unnecessarily. A solid right back at this level and brilliant going forward. Played with passion and commitment, rarely missed a game and was outstannding last season. Cannot be on a large salary, still a few years left on his contract and obviously loves the club. Yet the clubs sells him at the fist offer. How many more talent young lads that grow up in the Sheffield area are going to be sold on the cheap when we do not really after. This is **** sail on the mayonnaise sea. A short sighted 'business' decision.

Lowton being solid at RB really helped us have one of the best defences in the league last year. The way he got forward was fantastic. Scoring a hat full of goals, getting into the box late, supplying crosses, linking with Williamson and being a constant menance. He will be sorely missed.''

Just hope he can step it up and do it in the Premier league.

You've picked the nicest post off that forum.

There are plenty who think he's not as good as walker or naughton and will struggle.

Hope Lambert has spotted something they haven't

Even Mat Kendrick alluded to the fact that Matthew Lowton may not have been Paul Lambert's No 1 choice for RB but he's young, seems keen

and I'd forgotten comes from the same school of RBs as Kyle Walker.

Just watched the video on AVTV and looks pleased as punch to be here - just great to see all these new faces in so early instead

of having to wait until the last couple of weeks of August under MON et al.

Â