Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

With the majority on here. Thought he did ok. Needs to improve going forward if we are continuing to play that narrow. Didn't help not having a proper LB to do some of the forward play on the other side. Although Baker was probably chosen because of the long ball system that fat sam plays.

Does anyone get more than 1 game to prove themselves these days?

I think the past two seasons are clouding into peoples minds with this one. There has been a dramatic reaction from some, despite there being near enough uniform agreement that we need another four players. I think people are also pretty much agreed on what they are too.

I am as disapointed by yesterday as anybody. We will just have to wait and see how we get on in the market and how these players we currently have grow into the system.

Are people seriously laying into Lowton. What all did he do wrong yesterday.? I thought he was solid, defended quite well and got forward when he could.

he did ok.

i think our defence did ok, although i would play Lichaj all day long over Baker.

Are people seriously laying into Lowton. What all did he do wrong yesterday.? I thought he was solid, defended quite well and got forward when he could.

I think there may be a bit of confusion here.

My understanding is that no one is "having a go " at players (particularly the new ones), just showing concerns.

He may have been ok yesterday and ok may seem ok now.... but we have this habit after months of still saying players performances are ok, when they are clearly not.

Players have to develop who are not up to speed now and if they don't we must move them on swiftly.

I think most fans thought we should have got something from that fixture... a draw maybe.The fact we kept it to 1-0 is something, but we should be giving the likes of west Ham more of a game.

To early to make much of a judgement, but we do look lightweight.

Sometimes they get the pleasure of being judged by a few bit part appearances from the bench.

Whilst I understand this point and agree that this seasons future shouldnt be written on the back of the first game - people can only make opinions on what they see - and so far thats one game.

And in that one game, its apparent (although I didnt see it) that the team looked poor.

Sometimes they get the pleasure of being judged by a few bit part appearances from the bench.

Whilst I understand this point and agree that this seasons future shouldnt be written on the back of the first game - people can only make opinions on what they see - and so far thats one game.

And in that one game, its apparent (although I didnt see it) that the team looked poor.

Yeah a team can look poor in a game but I think we were alluding to players being written off after one game or a few bit part appearances or even a handful of games. I would also say we werent "poor" yesterday we just had no cutting edge but a lot of our play was good and encouraging.

Yeah a team can look poor in a game but I think we were alluding to players being written off after one game or a few bit part appearances or even a handful of games. I would also say we werent "poor" yesterday we just had no cutting edge but a lot of our play was good and encouraging.

Completely agree with Houlston. By no stretch were we poor, the defense looked way better than I expected and the midfield passed the ball very very well. Just one glaring hole for us and that is a linking player between midfield and the strikers.

Lowton did very well yestarday and tried to get forward as much as he could to help in attack. You have to realize when not playing wingers it is harder for the fb's to get forward because alot of the time nobody is there to cover for them.

Â