Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Has signed. Expect announcement around lunchtime.

Lets hope he can do it here, does this now rule out Nathaniel Clyne?

Apparently it does - Clyne's not coming just been told - messing us about so went elsewhere.

Verbal agreement as well with player - just goes to show it's all about agents and £££s!

So Clyne had agrred to come but his agent just wanted too much cash?

Could be very good business for £3m.. although there is always that doubt in my mind that he could be another Delph.

Anyway alot of people seem to be putting trust into Lambert so i'll do the same aswell as he seems to know what he wants.

Welcome Matthew.

1) Delph is still only 22, he's hardly finished at the club.

2) He'd be half the price anyway.

3) I think it's unlikely he'll cost 3mil.

Can play as a midfielder as well..

Bit like Warnock then

Oh what a joy it was to see him in midfield last season

OT but Warnock actually did ok in midfield.

Agreed. Actually, last season I think he played better in the midfield than in the defence. But back OT.

Welcome Matt, to the finest among fine clubs. (if you come, but it looks like that)

Has signed. Expect announcement around lunchtime.

Lets hope he can do it here, does this now rule out Nathaniel Clyne?

Apparently it does - Clyne's not coming just been told - messing us about so went elsewhere.

I'd say we've all just been told. It's pretty obvious that we're not going to sign Clyne now we've just signed another right back...

So Clyne had agrred to come but his agent just wanted too much cash?

No he'd agreed to come but his agent thought he could get a better deal & was persuading him to look elsewhere.

at least that's my understanding of what's happened. Just basically messing us about after it had all been agreed

As I said the other day - if this fell through blame the people around Clyne.

Perhaps MM or others will have more details in time.

Really though if he'd been any kind of success at Villa - if that's what his agent is all about - then surely he'd have been touting him

round for "a bigger move" as soon as possible.

Would we or Lambert realistically want that?

I'd say we've all just been told. It's pretty obvious that we're not going to sign Clyne now we've just signed another right back...

TBF NuremburgVillain please look at my post last night. Villa had a verbal agreement with the player concerned.

A Sheffield United fan I spoke to is delighted at this. He says Lowton lacks the pace for the Premier League and expected £1m tops for him.

I've also read from a Wednesday fan that this is a great signing for us as is their best player.

If a Blades fan is delighted at losing their best player, well then sucks to be them.

A Sheffield United fan I spoke to is delighted at this. He says Lowton lacks the pace for the Premier League and expected £1m tops for him.

I guess there's always going to be comments like that from fans, but I'd say Lambert probably knows more than them on whether he is good enough to step up.

Fingers crossed he is wrong about him, but I do feel unusually wary about this transfer. At 23 now, I'm surprised no one else had been trying to sign him. Saw a couple of mid table championship sides were interested, but thats about it.

Hopefully turns out to be like the other two full backs United have had recently, Walker and Naughton. We've had our fair share of rubbish/average full backs in recent years, hope Lowton is a surprise and makes the step up convincingly.

To be honest its the first negative comment I've came across. Everything else has been really positive so I'm all for giving the lad a fair crack at the whip. He sounds very promising.

Isn't it always the way that to hide their disappointment they start spouting reasons as to why it's a good thing they are going.. We could be buying Messi and some Barcelona fans would start saying "he's overrated, there are better options" it's a very common coping mechanism.

Â