Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

It's not a signing that sets the pulse racing but let;s hope he does well.

There isn't ant signings yet that gets the pulse racing. I'm all for finding hidden gems but a couple of proven quality players would be good too.

It's not a signing that sets the pulse racing but let;s hope he does well.

There isn't ant signings yet that gets the pulse racing. I'm all for finding hidden gems but a couple of proven quality players would be good too.

Did Lambert make any marquee signings at Norwich? Obviously not of Messi standard but ones who would have be considered big players at other Championship clubs. Im all for these solid cheap signings, that would appear to pose little risks, cant see any of them being on big contracts and Id much rather another 3 or 4 players in this bracket than blowing £10mil + and £80k a week on Adam Johnson.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like it does in Fifa or Football Manager. After the last couple of seasons we are not the same prospect we once were to big players and marquee signings.

I wouldn't totally rule out a player around the £8-10million mark but I'm not holding my breath. At this point in time we're just not as desirable as we once were. It's going to take steady progress to get back up to those standards. For now it seems we're going to concentrate on value for money signings with a more controlled wage structure and slowly build over the next couple of seasons.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like it does in Fifa or Football Manager. After the last couple of seasons we are not the same prospect we once were to big players and marquee signings.

I wouldn't totally rule out a player around the £8-10million mark but I'm not holding my breath. At this point in time we're just not as desirable as we once were. It's going to take steady progress to get back up to those standards. For now it seems we're going to concentrate on value for money signings with a more controlled wage structure and slowly build over the next couple of seasons.

Definitely, at the moment in my eyes we have DB9 and that is all, he is the only thing separating us from the West Hams etc. If we could get N'Zogbia, Ireland, Agbonlahor playing at a level that we all know they are capable of we can count ourselves among the Evertons & Newcastles. I would then think we would be in a better position to gate crash the top 4 than Newcastle & Everton as I'd expect Lerner to be more willing and able to back his manager than those clubs.

I like the look of him, young, comfortable on the ball and versatile. I think he'll be a great addition to the squad at the very least. From his interview on AVTV he seems to have confidence in his own ability, which is of course a good thing. Seems to be an attack minded player. Looking forward to seeing him play

And of course he has the maverick quality of experience in the Hungarian league :D

Don't think its down to desirability, it's down to our transfer strategy which appears to be focused on finding value and potential. It's the right strategy IMO.

I agree it will be interesting to see if we sign anyone in the £8-12m bracket. Perhaps depends upon us shipping out a couple of the high earners first.

I like the look of him, young, comfortable on the ball and versatile. I think he'll be a great addition to the squad at the very least. From his interview on AVTV he seems to have confidence in his own ability, which is of course a good thing. Seems to be an attack minded player. Looking forward to seeing him play

And of course he has the maverick quality of experience in the Hungarian league :D

I saw him playing for Ferencváros in the flesh. He was playing well, though I hope he has improved since. :)

Anything that pushes Hutton closer to the door is fine. I know nothing about this chap, I'm slightly concerned he's being pegged as 'one for the future' when he should be nearing finished article at 23, and it's hardly an inspiring signing (but how many fullbacks are, really?) but you can't feel too bad about it. Welcome, Lowton, and heres hoping you make that spot yours.

my understanding is that there will be a marquee signing.

I generally am all for the value for money, on the way up, hungry ambitious young players.

Ron Saunders seemed to make a decent job of it.

Think my ideal strike force at the minute would involve selling Gabby and bringing in Sturridge and Mandzukic.
I suspect Bayern Munich won't be keen on selling a player they bought last week.

Â