Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

17 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen on his Instagram saying it’s going to be emotional this Saturday 

Oh I'll be feeling emotions, all right.

If he wants a lap of the pitch after full time, sure.

While there's still points to play for an we're not mathematically stuck in the play offs (I know it's one hell of a long shot), I don't think there should be any room for sentimentality, this guy belongs nowhere near the bench, and certainly shouldn't get any game time.

Why not go out partying in London instead Gabby, it's what you do best. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh I'll be feeling emotions, all right.

If he wants a lap of the pitch after full time, sure.

While there's still points to play for an we're not mathematically stuck in the play offs (I know it's one hell of a long shot), I don't think there should be any room for sentimentality, this guy belongs nowhere near the bench, and certainly shouldn't get any game time.

Why not go out partying in London instead Gabby, it's what you do best. 

Feel the same mate, wouldn’t have him no where near the team sat, who cares if it’s his last home game, he hasn’t turned up for us for years been stealing a living for ages

• Like 2

On 24/04/2018 at 06:04, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No mention of him getting awarded for his work and efforts within the community the other night.

Just a bunch of predictable and unnecessary digs as per usual.

I thought that might have been why the thread was bumped but should know better by now. lol

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/22/aston-villa-end-of-season-award-winners-2017-18

Mate, I truly respect you sticking to your guns on defending Gabby - but if I was on his salary I would do a shit load more for charity than this, plus many many players do more too. The point of charity work is because you believe in it, not for Kudos. "helped raise £20K"..... Hmmmmmm..... peanuts for him. 

That said, I would not be too unhappy with him getting a 5 minute run-out on Saturday, as long as we are comfortable in the game.

Option A: A Villa fan who has dedicated his entire career to date to his hometown club.holds the record for most prem goals for us.scored in many a derby and had some memorable games. Out of the game has given to charity.

Option B: A player who should have been sold years ago and never given a long contact. Has a very poor scoring record and let the club down by partying and sucking on balloons after we were relegated. 

Option C: Both Option A and B.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

if I was on his salary I would do a shit load more for charity than this, plus many many players do more too. The point of charity work is because you believe in it, not for Kudos. "helped raise £20K"..... Hmmmmmm..... peanuts for him. 

In fairness Gabby does a large amount for charity, more than the vast majority of footballers, both in terms of his time and financially - a few years back he made a six figure donation to Birmingham childrens home, he did a lot with Acorns and he's always been good at forming bonds with children. His charity stuff has always been genuine and he's long been a club leader in it. It's goalscoring he's stopped doing, not charity work.

• Like 2

Not really bothered if he gets a good sendoff or not.

But while we have something to play for, however remote, I will be annoyed if he was to take up a place on the bench.

He is a rich man because of the club, with many shrewd investments, so the club really owes him nothing.

The club will not miss him. I will not miss him.

How could I - I have hardly seen him over the last 3/4 seasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Mate, I truly respect you sticking to your guns on defending Gabby - but if I was on his salary I would do a shit load more for charity than this, plus many many players do more too. The point of charity work is because you believe in it, not for Kudos. "helped raise £20K"..... Hmmmmmm..... peanuts for him. 

That said, I would not be too unhappy with him getting a 5 minute run-out on Saturday, as long as we are comfortable in the game.

That's good for you, it's always easy deciding what you would do with someone else's money as if you know them inside out, their obligations and so on.

Also with that logic, I guess it highlights that he still gave MORE (Financially and morally) than the other players then, no matter how paltry it seems to you, maybe we should start harassing Terry for not doing more since he is undoubtedly richer than all of them.

He has also been involved with these things for over a decade so no one actually knows his overall contribution or what he may or may not have done.

You lot just need to give it a rest ffs, is no stick too small to not beat him with?

You know it's pathetic when even charity, or posting pics of his kids are being picked on.

I really have to wonder if their is any thought put into some of this hate?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Isn’t the fact most of us didn’t know he did this much for charity shows it’s not for the kudos? Gabby deserves a send off and if people don’t like him fair enough don’t cheer but in a few years we’ll look back at his career and love his Blues record and wonder if only Vidic was sent off and this will hopefully be from a high league position in the PL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's good for you, it's always easy deciding what you would do with someone else's money as if you know them inside out, their obligations and so on.

Also with that logic, I guess it highlights that he still gave MORE (Financially and morally) than the other players then, no matter how paltry it seems to you, maybe we should start harassing Terry for not doing more since he is undoubtedly richer than all of them.

He has also been involved with these things for over a decade so no one actually knows his overall contribution or what he may or may not have done.

You lot just need to give it a rest ffs, is no stick too small to not beat him with?

You know it's pathetic when even charity, or posting pics of his kids are being picked on.

I really have to wonder if their is any thought put into some of this hate?

How do you know other members of the team/squad have done or not done charity-wise. You make it sound like he is the only one who has done anything? You are certainly saying he has done MORE than the others... How do you know this?

12 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Option A: A Villa fan who has dedicated his entire career to date to his hometown club.holds the record for most prem goals for us.

Just two points here, 1. He didn't really dedicate his career to Villa, he stayed here because we continually overpaid him and no other club better than us ever wanted him. 2. Despite what Sky would have you believe, football wasn't invented in 1992.

30 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Despite what Sky would have you believe, football wasn't invented in 1992.

If he'd said 'he has scored more league goals for us than anyone else in the last quarter of a century', it would be just as true. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Â