Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Orrooiiigght geezer. Ows it gewen? 

I don't think he was in "peaky blinders"...:D

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2018 at 19:48, Eastie said:

“I think it’s time,” Bruce said of Agbonlahor’s contract situation. “I had a conversation with him about six weeks ago. I think it’s time for Gabby to move on.

“I have to say that in the last month or so he’s trained like a beast. I think the time is probably right. The question for Gabby is: what’s he going to do next? He’s probably been institutionalised by the club, he’s been a wonderful servant.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gabby-agbonlahor-leave-aston-villa-14475731

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

“I have to say that in the last month or so he’s trained like a beast. I think the time is probably right. The question for Gabby is: what’s he going to do next? He’s probably been institutionalised by the club, he’s been a wonderful servant.

Says it all. Too little too late and he only has himself to blame.

We heard all that "he's training well, he's working hard to get fit, etc." shite before. He's being paid a fortune for years to be a professional footballer. He should be training hard all the time, not just when he's looking for a new contract.  

• Like 1

He will get a spot on the bench for derby i think provided everything is decided as a respect and goodbye. will wish him well but has been a complete waste of money and time since houllier left. at least 60k will be off the wage bill 

On 05/04/2018 at 15:57, villa89 said:

We heard all that "he's training well, he's working hard to get fit, etc." shite before. He's being paid a fortune for years to be a professional footballer. He should be training hard all the time, not just when he's looking for a new contract.  

Oh my gosh - how dare you speak so much common sense 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will get a spot on the bench for derby i think provided everything is decided as a respect and goodbye. will wish him well but has been a complete waste of money and time since houllier left. at least 60k will be off the wage bill 

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the 18 - sorry to repeat myself but his behaviour the season  we got relegated has imo seen him forfeit a right to a send off. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2018 at 08:03, Demitri_C said:

Not on £60k.

On 06/04/2018 at 08:03, Demitri_C said:

He is on around £25k per week, his wages were halved when went down from £50k and he hasn't been getting any bonus's on that as he hasn't played enough games or scored any goals

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

He is on around £25k per week, his wages were halved when went down from £50k and he hasn't been getting any bonus's on that as he hasn't played enough games or scored any goals

So ~£1.3m for his "contribution" this season. Money well spent. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

So ~£1.3m for his "contribution" this season. Money well spent. 

I suppose it's better that £2.6m which is roughly what Micah Richards gets :(

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No mention of him getting awarded for his work and efforts within the community the other night.

Just a bunch of predictable and unnecessary digs as per usual.

I thought that might have been why the thread was bumped but should know better by now. lol

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/22/aston-villa-end-of-season-award-winners-2017-18

Good with younger players too. 

• Like 1

Â