Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

It sort of fits in with the never leaving Brum lack of ambition thing, but from what I have always assumed is that Gabby never really cared about playing international football. It was just an inconvience to him. He was very happy just to plod along.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

I very much doubt he would have doubled his goal tally - I'm afraid he has never been good enough for this- attitude alone cannot make up such a shortfall of talent imo

Double was probably a little ambitious, but you take my point, if he'd given his all, like a James Milner, his contribution would have been much greater than it has been. Which is quite probably what he is now, a has been. 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

“It is good to come away and see what they are like day in and day out and maybe in 10-15 years time I will turn around to people and say ‘I played with him’.”

John Terry, 2008

Well, its 9 years later and now he can.....

• Like 3

Captain in the second game, scored a good goal and looking in great shape and trimmest he has in years. He'll certainly get a fair amount of game time initially this season and I think at this level a fit and determined Gabby can make a positive contribution, just as he did in his brief game time last season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave J said:

No that's fine - I totally accept that there are many fans who like him - for me personally I just think he's always been poor imo 

How on earth can you claim he's always been poor when he's scored more than 80 goals for the club? 

tell me the last Villa player to score that many in a claret and blue shirt?

51 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

How on earth can you claim he's always been poor when he's scored more than 80 goals for the club? 

Goals per game are what counts, and there are plenty who have better records than this waste of space.

• Like 1

hate to say.. but he is our best link up striker.. he can hold the ball up and hes mobile........... until we sign someone better.. he may need to be starting more games than he should. 

Kodjia----------Gabby---------Hogan in a 433. 

53 minutes ago, KSV said:

hate to say.. but he is our best link up striker.. he can hold the ball up and hes mobile........... until we sign someone better.. he may need to be starting more games than he should. 

Kodjia----------Gabby---------Hogan in a 433. 

I guess it's all about opinions. In my opinion he is one of the worst link up players I've ever seen, very easy to disposses, has no awareness of players around him, simply not a very "clever" player. Once his pace started to wane, and it is, he has very little to offer. Should have moved this guy on years ago.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

If you think 80 goals is a good return for the games played ? Well fair enough that's your view.

personally I don't - as for a player - is he good technically ? No - can he pick a pass ? No - can he dribble ? No - does he show strong footballing intelligence ? No - yes he is quick I 'll gladly bow down to this - all the above is imo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't live like this any longer, try as we might he just ends up in the same arguments, the same tit for tat over and over again. We try out best but we just constantly fall back into the same pattern. I will always love you Villa Talk...but I want a divorce.

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I can't live like this any longer, try as we might he just ends up in the same arguments, the same tit for tat over and over again. We try out best but we just constantly fall back into the same pattern. I will always love you Villa Talk...but I want a divorce.

Can you take Gabby with you?

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Can we keep the dog?

14 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

It's just plain wrong to say that he's always been poor but he has been for a long time now. 

Â