Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

On 14/07/2017 at 07:58, markavfc40 said:

He was also captain. I think he'll play quite a big part this season and would not be surprised if Kodjia is out if he started the first game up top with Hogan.

I should've known better than to disagree !!

Yes he is limited but without question we looked more dangerous with him on, and we can't have only Green and Kodja with any pace.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Oh JV you do make me smile !

he's not very good though is he - come on JV fess up 

To be honest at this point I am less enamoured by the debate of "him being any good" and more about the point of continuously bringing up the same tired issues.

I genuinely feel at this point fans who continue to unnecessarily spur the negativity do more harm than the debated "player".

We all know how who feels about who and what.

It's a new season, we all pretty much know he is on his way out, why don't we just look to the future and hope since he is still a Villa player he finishes on a high?

• Like 4

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest at this point I am less enamoured by the debate of "him being any good" and more about the point of continuously bringing up the same tired issues.

I genuinely feel at this point fans who continue to unnecessarily spur the negativity do more harm than the debated "player".

We all know how who feels about who and what.

It's a new season, we all pretty much know he is on his way out, why don't we just look to the future and hope since he is still a Villa player he finishes on a high?

Oh JV - this is such a well thought out  and articulate post - but you know what - sorry but no 

I've probably been this guys biggest critic over the years, and though its not going to happen this year, I'll be happy to see the back of him. 

That said, i think we'll see a much different Gabby this season. The signing of Terry in particular, along with other experienced pros will i think have a big impact on his attitude and desire for the game. And lets not forget its the last year of his contract. 

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

What does that "no" mean?

You hope he finishes his time with us on a low?

That no means I have no wish to see him in a villa shirt again- if we sell him today - it will not be a day to soon IMO 

He'll probably have a blinder first few games, score for fun, then get the mandatory new 5 year deal, revert back to his former self, Bruce will be gone by Christmas, and we'll get to rejoice as this thread hits page 2000 in the years that follow. Happy days. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I doubt whether we'll ever see the halcyon days when he scored 10 goals a season. Not sure why he is still with us. 

Remind me of the last player to score more than 80 goals for this club?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think you are. A lot of fans remember his early contributions for us.  He was one of the most feared strikers in the Premier league.  His demise  coincided with the clubs demise.

He was never one of the feared strikers in the Premier League. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I doubt whether we'll ever see the halcyon days when he scored 10 goals a season. Not sure why he is still with us. 

Halcyon days indeed :thumb:

He should have gone before now but clearly no-one would take him and/or he wouldn't leave and drop his wages.

That's in the past now though and I do actually think he could score 10+ goals fairly easily if he were a regular starter in the coming season.  I'm not sure he will be, though.

16 hours ago, av1 said:

I've probably been this guys biggest critic over the years, and though its not going to happen this year, I'll be happy to see the back of him. 

That said, i think we'll see a much different Gabby this season. The signing of Terry in particular, along with other experienced pros will i think have a big impact on his attitude and desire for the game. And lets not forget its the last year of his contract. 

We need goals from him, otherwise he is a pointless squad member.

Â