Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Would be a good way of "signing off" if he could end his career (last year of contract, thankfully) with us on a high note by making a meaningful contribution through a promotion winning season. That may just make up for his past indiscretions and he can leave with his reputation somewhat repaired - I don't hold much hope for that though and it's the least of my concerns or desires for this season. It should be his though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Would be a good way of "signing off" if he could end his career (last year of contract, thankfully) with us on a high note by making a meaningful contribution through a promotion winning season. That may just make up for his past indiscretions and he can leave with his reputation somewhat repaired - I don't hold much hope for that though and it's the least of my concerns or desires for this season. It should be his though...

I think he will be better, I actually think they all will be. Just a hunch, as well as the team being more bedded in and familiar with each other, plus Terry factor etc.

The transfer window isn't over yet though, I genuinely have a feeling we will only get 2 or 3 more, but they will make a huge difference.

I dont think he will make much of an impact.. but credit to him for getting fit and setting a better example than he has done in the past. Hopefully it inspires a few people.. even RMAC etc.. they look fit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he will be better, I actually think they all will be. Just a hunch, as well as the team being more bedded in and familiar with each other, plus Terry factor etc.

The transfer window isn't over yet though, I genuinely have a feeling we will only get 2 or 3 more, but they will make a huge difference.

Whelan , Johnstone and one other .

Think gabby will have to wait his chance and maybe impact sub .

Edited by Eastie

I'm hoping McCormack and Hogan will "step up" this season more so than Gabby. I'm done (and have been for a long, long while) holding out any hope that he can ever be effective for us ever again plus he just doesn't possess the talent or skill - all he's ever really had is pace and endeavour (when he's been in the mood). For his sake though, he should be going all out to make a positive contribution (meaning goals and assists, not just running around) and leave the club on a positive note. It's way beyond time that we moved on from him and moved forwards as a club - we've needed a "new" team for ages and I am hoping that is beginning to take shape now and can develop and progress going forwards.

• Like 2

Im expecting gabby ti havw a good start (he always does when his contract is close to being up) lets hope the club are nkt stupid enough to give him another contract 

He ahould be given a testimonal in the summer and then part ways

• Like 1

Imagine the thought

Gaby gets goals and assists this season

senario 1 - we go up

= new 2/3 year contract

senario 2 - we stay diwn

= extended contract as ffp f**** us of buying a replacement

Not happening though is it!

7 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

If Gabriel Agbonlahor scores 20 league goals this year, I will get his name tattooed on my a*se

C'mon Gabby get 20 goals!!

Just an idea StagMan but if you had "GABRIEL AGB" on your left check and "NLAHOR" tattooed on your right then when you bent over it would read his full name!

Edited by withes_shin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, withes_shin said:

C'mon Gabby get 20 goals!!

Just an idea StagMan but if you had "GABRIEL AGB" on your left check and "NLAHOR" tattooed on your right then when you bent over it would read his full name!

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

if gabby scored 10-20 goals and got us promoted we would have no choice but to offer him a new deal. But I have a inkling that , that isn't going to happen. I just don't know why !

A Gabby who needs a new contract is the most motivated player in England. Gabby has to know that if he has a bad season here, there is no club that will offer him anywhere near the wages we are giving him. He either needs to produce a great season, or realize that he will get maybe 10k a week for Wolves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

A Gabby who needs a new contract is the most motivated player in England. Gabby has to know that if he has a bad season here, there is no club that will offer him anywhere near the wages we are giving him. He either needs to produce a great season, or realize that he will get maybe 10k a week for Wolves. 

not even they are that stupid

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I'm hoping McCormack and Hogan will "step up" this season more so than Gabby. I'm done (and have been for a long, long while) holding out any hope that he can ever be effective for us ever again plus he just doesn't possess the talent or skill - all he's ever really had is pace and endeavour (when he's been in the mood). For his sake though, he should be going all out to make a positive contribution (meaning goals and assists, not just running around) and leave the club on a positive note. It's way beyond time that we moved on from him and moved forwards as a club - we've needed a "new" team for ages and I am hoping that is beginning to take shape now and can develop and progress going forwards.

That'll be why we've been signing all the oldies. :)

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Errm, Hogan is 25

Terry, Jedinak, McCormack, Elphick, possibly Whelan and Elmohamadi.

Although I was not being totally serious, just tickled by the ``new team'' description.  :)  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im expecting gabby ti havw a good start (he always does when his contract is close to being up) lets hope the club are nkt stupid enough to give him another contract 

He ahould be given a testimonal in the summer and then part ways

Would you honestly give him a testimonial after everything ?

serously I am not being funny - would you?

7 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

If Gabriel Agbonlahor scores 20 league goals this year, I will get his name tattooed on my a*se

You see how that went for the guy who made a similar bet about Terry right?

I can't wait to see your arse.

EDIT: That sounded so wrong. :ph34r:

Â