Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

37 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Hate is an unnecessarily extreme word to use in this context.

I absolutely  agree 100% - it's incredible in my view that some use it in the context to discuss a professional footballers ability - I know I am in the minority on here when it comes to Gabby - but hate ? Wow - this is just a bit of fun for me, but when this word gets trotted out - I wonder if it's worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Stevo you are perfectly correct this is a place for opinions and I suggest you too acknowledge this - I would also reiterate that I would honestly prefer if you do not put the word hate in any sentance that relates to my opinion of Gabby - I can't state this any more clearer Stevo - I think he is a shockingly average professional footballer - this is my opinion and it will not change - but hate? Come on ! This is football - I do not hate anyone in life let alone a footballer - in fact I don't think I have ever said anything about Gabby as a person in anything I have posted - I keep my views totally about him as I footballer - if we can't agree on anything else and I doubt we will - I would like you to acknowledge that I certainly do not hate Gabby Agbonlahor 

Well at least he's been upgraded from "very poor" to "shockingly average".

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is it ****.

I hate parsnips. I hate Nigel Farage. I hate Birmingham City. I hate BMWs. I hate the British weather. I hate Leandro Bacuna.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

hate
heɪt/
verb
  1. 1
    feel intense dislike for.
    "the boys hate each other"
    synonyms: loathedetest, dislike greatly, abhorabominatedespiseexecrate, feel aversion towards, feel revulsion towards, feel hostile towards, be repelled by, be revolted by, regard with disgust, not be able to bear/stand, be unable to stomach, find intolerable, shudder at, recoil from, shrink from; 
    informalhate someone's guts; 
    raredisrelish
noun
  1. 1
    intense dislike.
    "feelings of hate and revenge"
    synonyms:

loathinghatreddetestationdislikedistasteabhorrenceabomination, execration, resentmentaversionhostilityill willill feeling, bad feeling;More

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

hate
heɪt/
verb
  1. 1
    feel intense dislike for.
    synonyms: loathedetest, dislike greatly, abhorabominatedespiseexecrate, feel aversion towards, feel revulsion towards, feel hostile towards, be repelled by, be revolted by, regard with disgust, not be able to bear/stand, be unable to stomach, find intolerable, shudder at, recoil from, shrink from; 
    informalhate someone's guts; 
    raredisrelish

noun
  1. 1
    intense dislike.
    "feelings of hate and revenge"
    synonyms:

loathinghatreddetestationdislikedistasteabhorrenceabomination, execration, resentmentaversionhostilityill willill feeling, bad feeling;More

But when you are discussing a professional footballers ability or lack of thereof - it's not the right context in my humble opinion and agree wholeheartedly with Antrim on this 

• Like 1

Sorry to go on here but for me he was symbolic of our decline - just another highly paid joker who couldn't give a toss when we were going down, never appeared to put any effort in, never really cared. I just want him gone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Sorry to go on here but for me he was symbolic of our decline - just another highly paid joker who couldn't give a toss when we were going down, never appeared to put any effort in, never really cared. I just want him gone. 

He was also a totem when we were doing well. Home grown kid done good!

29 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He was also a totem when we were doing well. Home grown kid done good!

He was certainly there and contributing, sure but you wouldn't say that he was one of the most talented players we had at that time. As those people left and we were stuck with him, though he just didn't perform and for the most part, didn't look like he could be bothered to.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â