Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

There's a reason he deliberately left it out...

Well since he was injured and/or left out for most of the (1) season we have been here, I don't see how it would be consequential anyway!:rolleyes:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well since he was injured and/or left out for most of the (1) season we have been here, I don't see how it would be consequential anyway!:rolleyes:

Nowhere near match fit either.

And to counteract the better service argument he spent a lot of his games playing as a midfielder.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to admit he is at least tryong to get into shape. Definitely looks better.  But his football brain is the main problem 

The fact his brain is made of an actual football?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Dare I say...he looks like the old Gabby. Unless he's just about to pass out from breathing in too much. 

I'm hoping that goal against blues has motivated him to become a footballer again, a fit and firing Gabby should be too good for this division.

If all of the "bomb squad" get themselves in shape and played a part, on paper the likes of Gabby, Richards, McCormack, Veretout, Gil and Elphick if they sorted their heads out, we could save a lot of money and also have some awesome players to pick from! You could arguably add under performers Grealish, Amavi and Hogan to that list too.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think he’ll play a fairly big part this season and I think based on what I saw from him last season he can certainly be effective at this level. I thought in almost all of his appearances last season he made a positive impact.

The guy has been nothing short of a disgrace at times but the penny seems to have dropped with him that his time is now limited in the game and he has clearly knuckled down since Bruce arrived and gotten himself into shape. Hopefully he can stay fit and show the same level of hunger and determination he showed last season because if he does he’ll be a useful asset for us at this level and certainly a good option off the bench.

I agree Mark. Bruce has certainly been excellent towards him. About time he starts repaying the faith to Brucie

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

If only we played SHA every week

We would go up as champions and they would be relegated ;).

Gabby does look like an "old" Gabby above and he is now but he owes us something this season given how much he has been paid despite his under performance and misbehaviour of late.      

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Oh dear. 

Another season of wondering if Gabby can get his shit together. 

Another season of disappointment. 

This for me.

I don't hate him etc, but see no reason to be hopeful, and would be very pleased if he went and we released his wages.

I rarely disagree with Mark ( above) but he was average at best and that was a long time ago.

All I saw last season was an hour of two of running about. 

If he comes good, great, but I won't be waiting/hoping/ expecting etc

• Like 3

Â