Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

4 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

How many games of football have ever been won with hope though?

(Hope Powell does not count due to the lower case 'h' in the question!) ;)

I understand all the positivity in relation to hope and yea I accept all that.

however, it can equally be a current appeasement to what looks likely to be the inevitable.

take your choice;)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

A Striker that don't score goals would not be playing in any other team. Same goes for McCormack

Theres a huge difference disparity between the two. McCormack has scored 55 more goals than Gabby in the last three seasons.

• Like 4

Unless we make a signing, I think he'll start against Preston. McCormack isn't physical enough to play at the point of the attack, so the next option in Keinan Davis - i'm not sure if it would be fair on Keinan to throw him in at this point.

• Like 1

Bruce apparently feels that Gabby is his best option.  

Really makes me doubt Bruce's decision making.

I would literally start ANYONE and put ANYONE on the bench ahead of Gabby.  We needed players last year and he put on two stone of flab.  Don't tell me he loves this club.  I won't believe it, ever.  Gabby loves Gabby, end of story.

Play Johnstone at GK and Bunn at forward I would be happier than seeing Gabby on the pitch.  Name any kid from any age division to the bench.  Encouraging the kid would do this club much more good than Gabby will.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

Theres a huge difference disparity between the two. McCormack has scored 55 more goals than Gabby in the last three seasons.

Even though our midfield is none existent, you would think with those figures he would at least get a few for us. Though he has never looked fully fit to me!

The single most concerning thing about Bruce's time here so far. I didn't expect amazing flowing football and think that he would would improve that with better players but his insistence on rehabilitating and now playing  Gabby is very concerning. What must other players think and what message does it send out, basically if you mess about, treat the club with contempt there's still a place for you. I just don't understand how and why Gabby has not been put out on gardening leave. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Play Johnstone at GK and Bunn at forward I would be happier than seeing Gabby on the pitch.  Name any kid from any age division to the bench.  Encouraging the kid would do this club much more good than Gabby will.  

You are being Sarcastic.

But you are 100% correct.

Be sarcastic more often

On 14/01/2017 at 21:57, villa89 said:

If it makes anyone feel better he's probably out on the piss tonight spending some of the 60k he got paid this week. 

And we help subsidise this wage by buying shirts, tickets et al.

It's akin to paying your milkman every week for a bottle of sterilised a day and him smashing a bottle of pasteurised against your next door neighbours shed every other morning.... if you're lucky.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, honest_bertie said:

The single most concerning thing about Bruce's time here so far. I didn't expect amazing flowing football and think that he would would improve that with better players but his insistence on rehabilitating and now playing  Gabby is very concerning. What must other players think and what message does it send out, basically if you mess about, treat the club with contempt there's still a place for you. I just don't understand how and why Gabby has not been put out on gardening leave. 

Well said - great post! 

• Like 2

Â