Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

How about we create a new trend?

Multi-loan-2-4-1-getanother2freeafter5appearances system

We could "multi loan" Gaby out to Reading, Hudds, ShefW, Derby & Fulham every week a different club Followed by the 2-4-1 being Hutton a week later also rotated to each club. (Both playing at one club then rotating wouldnt really be viable as noone would be stupid enough to field both for the same game)

After the initial 5 appearances (1 at each club) they would get Westwood & Gardner free (they wouldnt even have to play them - just keep them)

They wouldnt even have to pay the wages.

I'm sure we'd find enough supporters willing to take care of the transport costs & logistics.

In return we could ask Real, Barca, Bayern, ManU & Chelsea (you know like brotherhood European champions affinity deal) for Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski, Zlatan & Costa on a "once only" then "anyone else on your books" till the end of the season

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

..and he shags your wife probably when you're at work.

I bet he cant get up anymore

He probably w**** into a plastic cup telling all the dummies to drink "Proteinus Gabyus" only they spill the wonder potion on their mini skirts on their way down

Edited by Grasshopper

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Still has 18 months on his contract.

It's Monday and you go and write something like this. There are no words to describe my feelings right now. Therefore gif = 1000 words...

200w.gif#117

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If we're playing two up front then I think Gestede and McCormack would have been a much better combination than Gabby and McCormack.

It's rare that you and I agree on much - but I actually do agree with you on this. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, honest_bertie said:

The single most concerning thing about Bruce's time here so far. I didn't expect amazing flowing football and think that he would would improve that with better players but his insistence on rehabilitating and now playing  Gabby is very concerning. What must other players think and what message does it send out, basically if you mess about, treat the club with contempt there's still a place for you. I just don't understand how and why Gabby has not been put out on gardening leave. 

I do think Bruce has done the right thing (he's a manager not a fan) bringing him back and his timing is justifiable with the AFCON and perhaps even his record in derbies. However I take issue with not bringing on a kid for him at 70 when Bunn could do no worse. 

From now on I don't think he can start and Bruce should be judged more harshly if he keeps the faith under awful performances. I don't mind him coming on because we don't have many options but there's nothing to lose by having someone who at least plays the striker position as Gabby can't even do that. 
RHM really has missed out by not signing his contract, he could have been a genuine option to start for the whole month.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

It's rare that you and I agree on much - but I actually do agree with you on this. 

Well let's be honest, I could say that Elvis had just ridden a UFO into the loch ness monster's anus and you'd agree with me as long as I dropped in "gabby is shit" at the end ;) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Well let's be honest, I could say that Elvis had just ridden a UFO into the loch ness monster's anus and you'd agree with me as long as I dropped in "gabby is shit" at the end ;) 

I can't tell if that's a smiley emoji or not to be honest with you- I think it's a funny one?? Bet you agree with me now mind?

1 hour ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

I do think Bruce has done the right thing (he's a manager not a fan) bringing him back and his timing is justifiable with the AFCON and perhaps even his record in derbies. However I take issue with not bringing on a kid for him at 70 when Bunn could do no worse. 

From now on I don't think he can start and Bruce should be judged more harshly if he keeps the faith under awful performances. I don't mind him coming on because we don't have many options but there's nothing to lose by having someone who at least plays the striker position as Gabby can't even do that. 
RHM really has missed out by not signing his contract, he could have been a genuine option to start for the whole month.

Hear what you are saying and it's fair reasoning but to me I just think I'd rather see a youngster in his place in the squad. Gabby has not added anything to the team since his return absolutly nothing and to hear Bruce wax lyrical justifying his inclusion. about who is and what he has done in the past concerns me as he has now played a number of games all with no positive impact, no assists and no goals. Times up for him, would rather see an U23 given a chance,  they couldn't do any worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

I think that as manager the right thing to have done would have been to find a system that allows a proven goal scorer to do just that- not leave them gathering splinters, whilst the guy ahead of hiim really does not look like scoring  or alternatively have a genuine goal scorer sign on the dotted line at 1 minute past midnight on the 1st January 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave J said:

I can't tell if that's a smiley emoji or not to be honest with you- I think it's a funny one?? Bet you agree with me now mind?

Yeah I was joking, obviously.

Agree with you how? That Gabby is crap?

I've never disagreed with you on that point.

12 hours ago, Dave J said:

I think that as manager the right thing to have done would have been to find a system that allows a proven goal scorer to do just that- not leave them gathering splinters, whilst the guy ahead of hiim really does not look like scoring  or alternatively have a genuine goal scorer sign on the dotted line at 1 minute past midnight on the 1st January 

Agreed with that and a new signing. but who is the proven goalscorer? Signing players is definitely not that easy unless you pay over the odds. Especially not goal scorers who don't require crosses.

Also our squad is terrible, there aren't too many systems available especially when the experienced players are all forwards. Good to see Westwood and GG out but not much has changed up top. We still have players perfect for narrow football but without the talent to implement it.

Â