Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

If Grealish could pass and Adomah had not tapped in from inches Gabby would have had a hatrick.  Grealish was piss poor today.  

If he plays like that today I have no issues with him starting.

• Like 3

Gabby had a great game today. For gabby. That is the problem.

He is static up front and makes poor attacking decisions. When you need someone in the box, he's out on the wing; when you need someone dragging the centre halves out of position/running the channels, he's looking for ball to feet.

Im a fan of gabby, but at this stage it's for nostalgia purposes only. We badly need another out and out championship quality striker. 

Played well and robbed of a goal by Adomah today, it was literally on line when he tapped it in. 

Bang out of order imo. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If Grealish could pass and Adomah had not tapped in from inches Gabby would have had a hatrick.  Grealish was piss poor today.  

If he plays like that today I have no issues with him starting.

Jesus. He 'would' have had a hat trick. Not even 'could'. My word, and people say the criticism of Gabby is ridiculous. Like always, he scored none. Fantasy =/= reality. 

Edited by Ingram85

He was alright, but he didn't look much of a goal threat to me. Mind you neither did Hugill and he scored two. 

In the first half his pace and strength troubled their defenders. It allowed him to play the ball wide and get in the box, something he used to do so well. 

Based in today's performance, he's a mid table championship striker a best. He can get better, indeed we need him to. 

18 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

He was alright, but he didn't look much of a goal threat to me. Mind you neither did Hugill and he scored two. 

In the first half his pace and strength troubled their defenders. It allowed him to play the ball wide and get in the box, something he used to do so well. 

Based in today's performance, he's a mid table championship striker a best. He can get better, indeed we need him to. 

Oh for goodness sake he played well and we all know it. Just admit it, no ones gonna think less of you for admitting the truth. 

23 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

But can he really??

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Jesus. He 'would' have had a hat trick. Not even 'could'. My word, and people say the criticism of Gabby is ridiculous. Like always, he scored none. Fantasy =/= reality. 

Were you at the game? Did you see the break where Grealish only had to pass the ball past one defender to Gabby and he would have had a clear shot at goal from 10 yards or so?  Then 92nd minute Grealish more or less on the touchline plays the ball behind Gabby running in at the near post?   Ok I will give you could have scored but I would have fancied him to finish both.  

Adomah robbed him of the first that is not even a debate.

So from my view K2 Upper Holte that would have been a Hatrick.

I am not his greatest fan but he did well today.

• Like 3

I thought he led the line really well today. Held the ball up well, played others in, won his fair share of flick ons, made the first goal and should have had another assist when Green headed wide from 4 yards.

I also thought his work rate was excellent. Whenever he lost the ball he would chase right back to win it back. At the start of the second half he also turned the clock back a few years and showed great pace with the ball and on another occasion he must of sprinted 100 yards to get up with Grealish when we broke.

Fair play to him today.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

In terms of his fitness, he looked rapid today and ran about all game. 

Just watched the highlights, adomah really has stolen his goal and if green could head he'd have had an assist as well

His assist-that-should-have-been was more impressive than the goal-that-should-have-been as well. He fought for the ball and did well to pick Green out with a volley. 

Gabby was fine today. If the Championship's most expensive player in history weren't **** us around, and were sat on the bench, he could have come off when he'd burned. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim said:

Played well and robbed of a goal by Adomah today, it was literally on line when he tapped it in. 

Bang out of order imo. 

Are you serious? He definitely played well and deserved a goal but you can't be letting things like that prevent players from doing their jobs. Adomah was right to make absolutely sure it went in.

• Like 3

I'm not really a fan and didn't agree with Bruce rehabilitating him but I can't see how anyone can find fault with his performance today.

Its irrelevant to our season that he hasn't scored for ages, as of right now that performance gets him in on merit.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Are you serious? He definitely played well and deserved a goal but you can't be letting things like that prevent players from doing their jobs. Adomah was right to make absolutely sure it went in.

Oh come off it! He kicked it when the ball was virtually on the line, there was plenty of momentum to carry the ball over the line and there was no threat from any opposing players.

If Gabby had done that he would have been lambasted on here for it.

Edited by jim

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Oh come off it! He kicked it when the ball was virtually on the line, there was plenty of momentum to carry the ball over the line and there was no threat from any opposing players.

If Gabby had done that he would have been lambasted on here for it.

He'd have looked a bit of a plonker if he'd got to the ball, let it dribble slowly towards the goal, and a defenders leg had appeared behind him hooking the ball to safety. 

Adomah did the professional thing. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I dunno. Have you seen it again?

Like I said in the match thread, Adomah has David Nugent'd that. 

It's basically already in.

• Like 1

Â