Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was excellent today. I can only assume criticism is from those that didn't see the game. 

Hang on, isn't the point of a goalscorer to score goals?

A midfield player is supposed to tackle and also be part of the attacking process. Westwood doesn't do this and should be dropped.

Gabby should be scoring goals, as our only striker, he doesn't but that is fine as he 'did well'?

**** insane how things are so different when it comes to who is allowed to be criticised.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair he pretty much did score our first goal. 

From where I was sat it looked like Adomah Nugent'd it over the line from Gabby's effort. 

Still would be 2 goals in 35-40 games. Seriously not good enough.

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Hang on, isn't the point of a goalscorer to score goals?

A midfield player is supposed to tackle and also be part of the attacking process. Westwood doesn't do this and should be dropped.

Gabby should be scoring goals, as our only striker, he doesn't but that is fine as he 'did well'?

**** insane how things are so different when it comes to who is allowed to be criticised.

Adomah tapped it in from 1 yard and took it off him. 

He is meant to score and he clearly doesn't score enough but he played well. No idea why you've brought Westwood into it. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Adomah tapped it in from 1 yard and took it off him. 

He is meant to score and he clearly doesn't score enough but he played well. No idea why you've brought Westwood into it. 

Because there is a massive difference in what is seen as good and what is seen as bad. You don't like Westwood because he doesn't do what a midfielder should, and trying hard is not good enough - apparently, yet Gabby is praised for trying hard and not doing what a striker should. I really don't understand how the same rule isn't applied for both.

• Like 4

Just now, DK82 said:

Because there is a massive difference in what is seen as good and what is seen as bad. You don't like Westwood because he doesn't do what a midfielder should, and trying hard is not good enough - apparently, yet Gabby is praised for trying hard and not doing what a striker should. I really don't understand how the same rule isn't applied for both.

If you'd watched the game you'd know it was more than just trying hard. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Still would be 2 goals in 35-40 games. Seriously not good enough.

Nobody is saying he is good enough to be fair. 

We were just commenting on today's performance. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nobody is saying he is good enough to be fair. 

We were just commenting on today's performance. 

Fair enough. I think my point is more about how other players get criticised for things Gabby gets praised for.

I'm not talking about you. 

If its true and he did have a good game well fair play to him but long term him starting is not helping our team, we need a striker to bang in goals and he doesnt look like he is that player at the moment

he good be a decent impact sub from bench and good for squad, just not the player we should be relying on

15 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Fair enough. I think my point is more about how other players get criticised for things Gabby gets praised for.

I'm not talking about you. 

Today Gabby has been praised for playing well. So do others when they play well. 

I think you're getting yourself all worked up over nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If its true and he did have a good game well fair play to him but long term him starting is not helping our team, we need a striker to bang in goals and he doesnt look like he is that player at the moment

he good be a decent impact sub from bench and good for squad, just not the player we should be relying on

And we won't be relying on him when kodjia is back. 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Agree with this.

Unfortunately McCormack being a dick meant we had no choice today, and fair play for trying hard (Gabby). I'm not sure we can throw Davis in either, but we really needed to try and bring in something to cover this period.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would argue that short term him starting isn't helping the team either.

Â