Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

6e6706502f2e1372975172fbc95527cc.jpg

Surely he must realise that there's an expected level of fitness for a sportsman who is currently in the top flight of football.

I hope it's just a case of painting the walls ready for resale.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

The 'club captain' title is particularly hilarious, it's like in The Office where Tim compares Gareth being Team Leader to making the div kid at school the milk monitor. This particular div kid seems to have drank all the **** milk.

Anyone still sticking up for Sherwood would do well to remember that he gave Gabby that honour. That should be enough to make their arguments null and void ;)

Edited by choffer

7 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Surely he must realise that there's an expected level of fitness for a sportsman who is currently in the top flight of football.

I hope it's just a case of painting the walls ready for resale.

If we don't have it already (guess we don't) we really should have a fitness and code of conduct clause in every contract.

Think Cassano was fined at Real Madrid because he did not stay fit (and went our partying and a ton of other things) so it is not unheard of.

Gabby is a disgrace in every way and most people would be embarrassed to be sent to fat camp during the season, especially as he's not been seriously injured or something like that. Doubt he cares thou.

I'm not defending the guy, not by a long stretch. But I wonder how much his 'condition' is down to the shit sack that is life at Aston Villa? Everything about the club is down and negative, he's on his third or fourth boss in just over a season of playing time, the atmosphere is bad, the ship is rudderless, like it or not there has to be stress (I know, I know, paid billions to kick a ball). All that. He certainly doesn't come over as someone that was well equipped to be captain even if the going had been stress free. Being some sort of nominal leader in this environment, when he struggles to breath and blink at the same time, that can't have been good for him.

Like I say, I'm not defending him. But it wouldn't be the shock of the century if we offloaded 4, 5 or 6 of these losers, only for them to go elsewhere and regain their mojo. What would be the odds for Gabby ending up somewhere else, say Walsall, and really setting the goalscoring pace. Losing the great weight off his middle and then off his shoulders.

But that isn't me saying to keep him. Better for all of us if he was to get out and get a fresh start.

• Like 3

You have to love it, on international week off goes on a bender in Dubai, catches a nasty rash and then needs two weeks off to recover. 

When was the last time you had a week off work and then got another two weeks off paid because you had overdone it on holiday. 

What a joke!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm not defending the guy, not by a long stretch. But I wonder how much his 'condition' is down to the shit sack that is life at Aston Villa? Everything about the club is down and negative, he's on his third or fourth boss in just over a season of playing time, the atmosphere is bad, the ship is rudderless, like it or not there has to be stress (I know, I know, paid billions to kick a ball). All that. He certainly doesn't come over as someone that was well equipped to be captain even if the going had been stress free. Being some sort of nominal leader in this environment, when he struggles to breath and blink at the same time, that can't have been good for him.

Like I say, I'm not defending him. But it wouldn't be the shock of the century if we offloaded 4, 5 or 6 of these losers, only for them to go elsewhere and regain their mojo. What would be the odds for Gabby ending up somewhere else, say Walsall, and really setting the goalscoring pace. Losing the great weight off his middle and then off his shoulders.

But that isn't me saying to keep him. Better for all of us if he was to get out and get a fresh start.

I get what you mean, but they are paid exorbitant amounts of money to do their job as PROFESSIONAL footballers.

No excuse what so ever not to at least stay in shape. He has the BMI of a semi professional Dart player

Edited by sne

so he gets out of and hiding from the ridicule that he deserves, he needs to man up and face what he has caused, what a tit!

an absolute disgrace to the shirt.

why are we not surprised.

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

I don't think that is a flattering picture above—he looked ripped rather than fat in that training photo recently. But watching Vardy's goals against Sunderland at the weekend made me think of old Gabby as the goals were a lot to do with Vardy's pace. I think Vardy is probably more natural a footballer than Gabby, or at least has more will to win and much more tenacity, but they're similar ages and maybe in the past Gabby was similar in some ways to Vardy: anyway, why the **** did Gabby think he had to turn into a beefcake? Things were going so well for him before then and it's a shame what he's done to himself. It wasn't necessary. He needs to reverse that gym routine and shed some of that muscle and play to his strengths. 

It won't happen, of course. 

gabriel-agbonlahor-of-aston-villa-celebrates-his-goalbarclays-premier-DMA8EC.jpg

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Didn't he and some others fall out with Duverne over training related issues under Houllier. Guessing the malaise you mention above, state of club, spitting his dummy about trainng, being too comfy and used to Villa have made him unmotivated. 

I am certain he could make an impact at Kiddermnster, Northampton or Doncaster no problem. 

How the **** do we keep doing this over and over again. Sign a player up to a large contract only for the player to trash himself or us to want rid. Ireland,  Given,  Nzog now Gabby. Not to mention the rest of the bomb squad.  Does any other team hamstring themselves with their best paid players like us? . It's like bl00dy groundhog day

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I get where you're coming from. Do the club have support staff for this sort of thing? Is that part of Lorna McClelland's remit? Or was it Almstadt's responsibility? I know sports psychology is a growing field, it wouldn't surprise me if we were far behind the rest on that front.

Edited by a m ole

i dont think ive ever seen as much hatred for a villa player, but what i think has brought this on is that he was meant to be one of us, sitting in the terraces as a youth, and fulfilling the dream that many of us would could never achieve, well hes been given his shot and blew it, and let the whole club down.

well done gabby

Â