Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Agreed his time is up and I see his lack of fitness as one of two ways 

A. He's given up hasn't the hunger or wrong sort of hunger and enjoying a party life style 

B. Suffering from depression and binge eating. 

Please feel free to add C, D, E etc 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Agreed his time is up and I see his lack of fitness as one of two ways 

A. He's given up hasn't the hunger or wrong sort of hunger and enjoying a party life style 

B. Suffering from depression and binge eating. 

Please feel free to add C, D, E etc 

C. After fathering countless children he's finally succumbed to a state of permanent Cuovade syndrome (sympathy pregnancy)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Incredibly sad but i have to question why his family are having to set up a fundraising site to raise £5000 when he earns 11x that in a week.

Maybe he will pay. Maybe it's something that has been set up in the local community for them all to pull together? Who knows?

What I do know is that it's incredibly sad news and the most important thing is for her to get as well as she can do as quick as she can.

I'm all for questioning his loyalty to villa and football skills but I'm not sure we're in the position to question him on this.

Furthermore, when gabby has given to charity I've always said that it would be more impressive if he didn't feel the need to tell us. Make an anonymous payment for example. Perhaps he's taken my advice :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

What would be the odds for Gabby ending up somewhere else, say Walsall, and really setting the goalscoring pace. Losing the great weight off his middle and then off his shoulders.

I would not try to offload him to Walsall they don't deserve that. He won't set the goalscoring pace other than in a pub team and he might struggle to do that in a decent pub team. We should loan him to a club that deserves him. Small Heath springs to mind. 

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

Would this not constitute gross misconduct?

Exactly what I was thinking. He has been told to go and get fit twice during one season and is making the press for none footballing reasons. What does he need to do to get the club captaincy taken off him and for us to try to terminate his contract given his behaviour and lack of fitness? Does this not constitute a breech of contract? He is taking money from the club for nothing and will continue to do so until the end of his contract. He has no respect for the club or for the fans that pay his wages! 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

sad to end this way but I doubt we will see him in a Villa jersey again and only one person to blame for that

sadly I think he will be stuck here unless some optimistic manager think they can rebuild him or a very desperate deadline day bid

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The funny thing is from the story I read, it claims they felt he bulked up too much from weight training. so all the "Flabby" and fat gibes are a bit OTT IMO.

They are not exactly going to say gabbys become a fat lard are they!! Who will want to take him off our hands if we said he was really over weight and unfit?!

Personally I think the club are trying to shame Gabby out of Villa, it's a bit embarrassing, suspending him at first, then saying he had a virus then he's unfit? Non of this they needed to announce, I want rid of him as well but I don't like the way they are going about it in trying to make the fans hate him to shame him out. 

Â