Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

8 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Personally I think the club are trying to shame Gabby out of Villa, it's a bit embarrassing, suspending him at first, then saying he had a virus then he's unfit? Non of this they needed to announce, I want rid of him as well but I don't like the way they are going about it in trying to make the fans hate him to shame him out. 

Ah diddums crappy getting a hard time? Well he shouldnt be such a waste of space and putting effort in  1) getting in shape 2) showing he does care about the club by showing on the pitch. Like andy gray said he has been conning the fans for too long

• Like 1

I do wonder if the fitness issue and this 'fat camp' stuff people have started saying is all just a smoke screen for the real issue behind all this... I mean, he went off to Dubai and got photographed smoking some sort of pipe... Imagine for a second what kind of stuff could have been in that pipe...

Come on... he isn't a fat bastard... He's actually a lot fitter than most of us can imagine.

He hasn't played competitively for us since he came back... Suppose, just for a moment at least, that the real issue here is some kind of drug still in his system. If he got tested after a real live game for us and found to have something nasty in his system, that would bring even more shame on the club.

I think whatever has happened is a total shower of unprofessionalism on his part and is disappointing from somebody who is senior at the club and should be setting an example... I do wonder though if this fitness thing is just being put out there by the club to mask a bigger issue potentially.

No need to flame... I love a good conspiracy theory...

Yup I wouldn't be surprised if this was all part of the suspension and investigation that took place. For him to be suspended, then come down with a virus, and then have two weeks away for "fitness", seems a little suspicious to say the least. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ponky said:

It all does seem a bit like the club is trying to appease the angry lynch mob at the gate.

It's about bloody time the club started listening to the fans. Keep the fans happy and everything else looks after itself...

• Like 1

That's true jimmygreaves but it's a bit schoolyard-ish. When the Villa community is asking the club to take responsibility for what's happened, they point and say "look over there - Gabby's fat!"

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The funny thing is from the story I read, it claims they felt he bulked up too much from weight training. so all the "Flabby" and fat gibes are a bit OTT IMO.

He's not fat, unless he's put on some serious flab in the past month or two.

But he is much heavier than he used to be. And not being fat doesn't mean he can't be seriously unfit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He's not fat, unless he's put on some serious flab in the past month or two.

But he is much heavier than he used to be. And not being fat doesn't mean he can't be seriously unfit.

That photo of him that has been doing the rounds is seriously unflattering, and he's not obese or anything, but I can't imagine there are many premier league players who have noticeable rolls.

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That photo of him that has been doing the rounds is seriously unflattering, and he's not obese or anything, but I can't imagine there are many premier league players who have noticeable rolls.

He doesn't have rolls. As you say it's an unflattering picture.

I can't speak for the last couple of months, but he posted pictures when he was training in the states and he was not fat. He's ripped.

The problem is he appears to have concentrated too much on his muscle and not at all on his football.

I don't think this fitness problem is a fat problem. The two aren't dependant on each other.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think this fitness problem is a fat problem. The two aren't dependant on each other.

Fitness problem or fatness problem? Doesn't really matter. What's most important appears to be the attitude problem.

Gabby is supposed to keep himself in condition and hasn't - that is bad, the sooner he is gone the better.

But..

I'd seriously like to know what Black/Garde/Sherwood/Wilkins/whoever have been playing at when all of a sudden Black says he isn't fit enough  - has that only just been noticed ?  It is their job to get the players in shape - for him to suddenly need 2 weeks  - 2 WEEKS ! - extra training hasn't just jumped up out of nowhere.

If it was the start of the season and he needed 2 more weeks that's one thing - but how has he got to now before this action has been taken? Has Black only just noticed him ?  Don't they have fitness levels checked every day ? I've never heard anything like it.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Gabby is supposed to keep himself in condition and hasn't - that is bad, the sooner he is gone the better.

But..

I'd seriously like to know what Black/Garde/Sherwood/Wilkins/whoever have been playing at when all of a sudden Black says he isn't fit enough  - has that only just been noticed ?  It is their job to get the players in shape - for him to suddenly need 2 weeks  - 2 WEEKS ! - extra training hasn't just jumped up out of nowhere.

If it was the start of the season and he needed 2 more weeks that's one thing - but how has he got to now before this action has been taken? Has Black only just noticed him ?  Don't they have fitness levels checked every day ? I've never heard anything like it.

Garde sent him to the states for the same reason a couple of months ago so I'd say it's been an ongoing problem.

By all accounts our pre-season was an absolute joke. I imagine that, coupled with injuries and lack of motivation, meant Gabby just never reached an acceptable level of fitness this season.

As I said yesterday, if the only way we can get rid of the prat is by paying up his contract, I'd rather we put the bloke on gardening leave than simply release him. 

I'm sick of these overpaid tossers holding all the cards. Why pay up his contract leaving him free to earn more money elsewhere? His attitude is of a man already semi retired so let's send out a message and make it official. Gardening leave for the remainder of his contract, not setting foot anywhere near VP or BH. If he is motivated to leave he can walk away from his contract or agree a vastly reduced settlement.  

Edited by av1

Â