Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I'm shocked that our 'talisman' isn't running through walls to ensure he plays.

I'd have sympathy for him if it looked like he was trying. He's been phoning it in for years, and he can't even be bothered to keep himself at a decent level of fitness. **** him.

• Like 3

From hero to zero, it all started so well for him and even under Lambert he played a big part in keeping us up first year. Its sad its come to this, but now I think its too late for him to redeem himself here. He has to go even if it means us giving him away and him taking a big pay cut. 

That first Lambert season was the last time he showed form, the Weimann, Benteke and Gabby forward line was what saved us. That was the last time we played (for more than one game in a row) with some proper attacking intent.

Such a shame that Lambert went into his shell, though I understand why, but from there on in if you weren't a Benteke who can do things on his own up front and still score then it was always going to be tough being a striker playing for us. The little run at the end of last season aside, but even then we weren't exactly playing lots of stuff in the channels for a forward to play off the shoulder. Basically it's 3 years since we've been set up to get the best out of Gabby, and his record shows it. I can se why he has lost interest although seeing as he is living his dream and being paid massively to do so, it's pretty inexcusable if he doesn't really give a toss.

Another sad situation in a massive clusterfudge of sad situations wrapped in a melancholy claret and blue fart.

• Like 3

So browsing through the player threads I find that most of them has a few posts in the line of:

"Yes he's been shit this season, but the critique he get on here is way over the top".

Or something in that spirit. Some also have the added line: "Should keep him, will be very useful for us next season in the Championship. Something, something, managers fault"

Gabby, as far as I know doesn't have this yet. So here you go Gabby.

Yes Gabby has been shit for us this season, but the critique he get's on here is hilarious. Should keep him as he doesn't have much in career opportunities and he has 5 ,6 ,7, 15? children to support. 

Oh! And who among us won't miss hearing the commentators blurt out the old favorite "Aston Villa trying to use the pace of Agbonlahor"

23 hours ago, sne said:

So browsing through the player threads I find that most of them has a few posts in the line of:

"Yes he's been shit this season, but the critique he get on here is way over the top".

Or something in that spirit. Some also have the added line: "Should keep him, will be very useful for us next season in the Championship. Something, something, managers fault"

Gabby, as far as I know doesn't have this yet. So here you go Gabby.

Yes Gabby has been shit for us this season, but the critique he get's on here is hilarious. Should keep him as he doesn't have much in career opportunities and he has 5 ,6 ,7, 15? children to support. 

Oh! And who among us won't miss hearing the commentators blurt out the old favorite "Aston Villa trying to use the pace of Agbonlahor"

Ermm me! Shall I add in the commentators next line for you? " oh Agbonlahor miscontrols the ball or shoots tamely wide of the post".

As for the critique I assume you speak of the personal criticism he receives on here? If so then yes I would agree with this statement, however if your referring to the criticism he receives as a professional footballer? Forget it  your fooling yourself with all due respect. 

The guy is a shockingly below average professional footballer in my opinion and should not be shielded from such criticism in my view, particularly in light of this seasons complete and utter no show.

Â