Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

The club need reasons to sack him.

Maybe they are dangling the carrot to see if he bites.

1 indiscipline is not enough.

Dubai trip evidence

Sick note (for what?)

Fat camp (eventual failure)

Gaby reacting - maybe the staw the club needs

Whatever

Gaby is shit in every aspect, so just F*** him O**

One thing we never used to do was to air our dirty linen in public. This should have been kept in-house and sorted without anyone else knowing. I'm sick of this club being the butt of jokes under Randy Lerner. 

I have never seen a thread where a player is singled out for 100% abuse, not even Marlon Harewood!!!! There is literally no one defending him now as there would normally be for most of these types of thread....... and the reason is that he simply does not deserve it.

He has been shit for years and many have defended him in previous seasons, kept giving the benefit of the doubt, but this season, he has shown just how little he cares about the club and how he couldn't give a shit about the fans. I am convinced he is behind so many of our attitude and behind the scenes playing staff issues.

Good riddance, he should never play for this club again. But that said he should not be paid off, or given gardening leave. He should be made to come in and train on his own at night, well away from both the first and U21 teams.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

One thing we never used to do was to air our dirty linen in public. This should have been kept in-house and sorted without anyone else knowing. I'm sick of this club being the butt of jokes under Randy Lerner. 

Have to disagree mate. Gabby is clearly taking the piss out of the club and the fans, why should he be shielded from the criticism?

In this particular instance I think the club made the correct call.

Edited by av1

Benni McCarthy has been fined almost £200,000 by West Ham for failing to meet fitness targets in his bizarre battle of the bulge.

But having finally slimmed down as Avram Grant finalised his 25-man Premier League squad for the second half of the season, he was left out because his slimming regime made him too slow.

Hammers boss Grant believes the weight loss has slowed the striker down saying: 'He reached the targets but I think that affected his movement,' who last week left McCarthy out of his 25-man Premier League squad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1354074/McCarthy-fined-200-000-fat--dropped-slimming-regime-slow.html

3 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

I think this is being very deliberately public - it's part of a whole wave of things where the new board have picked up on things that the fans are saying and tried to get on board - he's too big, no matter if it's fat or muscle and he's been dreadful this season, something needed doing with him - that it's being done this way is part of the efforts by the board to get us back on side. A charm offensive of sorts.

Personally, and this isn't a view you hear much of, I hope it works, a fit Gabby at the start of next season would be an asset and it'd also give him a chance to make sure he's remembered in the right way.

I think it's too late for comebacks.  We need to start next season with a fresh, hungry (no pun intended) squad with as little baggage from the last few seasons as possible.  Gabby epitomises our fall as a club and needs to be gone.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I have never seen a thread where a player is singled out for 100% abuse, not even Marlon Harewood!!!! There is literally no one defending him now as there would normally be for most of these types of thread....... and the reason is that he simply does not deserve it.

He has been shit for years and many have defended him in previous seasons, kept giving the benefit of the doubt, but this season, he has shown just how little he cares about the club and how he couldn't give a shit about the fans. I am convinced he is behind so many of our attitude and behind the scenes playing staff issues.

Good riddance, he should never play for this club again. But that said he should not be paid off, or given gardening leave. He should be made to come in and train on his own at night, well away from both the first and U21 teams.

I have been one of his most ferocious defenders over the years, trust me, but it's become too much of a piss take now!

Although I'm beginning to think he may be going through things in his personal life we don't know about.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have been one of his most ferocious defenders over the years, trust me, but it's become too much of a piss take now!

Although I'm beginning to think he may be going through things in his personal life we don't know about.

You and I have batted over Gabby a bit... Haven't we?

its sad to see his career with us end this way. I take no pleasure from it at all.

• Like 1

When some one has been at a club for twenty odd years they should be considered a cult hero, but instead there is disappointment and in some cases hatred.  Sadly, this is how he will be remembered now by many fans.  A real shame, but in truth he hasn't been good enough for a number of years and he hasn't helped himself.

Â