Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No, he couldn't kick a ball until he was about 14.

This is literally true. He was an outstanding athlete that the club tried to turn into a footballer. That was how he got his start.

There was a link to West Brom today....he is certainly a Pulis type player and if you look through Pulis's transfer history he does like signing players who've lost their way and attempt to ressurect them (at Stoke he signed likes of Pennant and Woodgate).

I can see it happening, interesting how their fans respond. Certainly would be the biggest player transfer between Midland clubs for quite a while unless I'm forgetting an obvious one.

4 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Craig Gardner

Likes of him and Davies were just squad players when they left us and really contributed little to this club, were SHA even in the premier league when we sold them?

For all his many faults Gabby has been an established player for us for near enough 10 years and has scored many important goals, plenty in derby games.

I think it would cause a ripple or two both sides of Handsworth.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There was a link to West Brom today....he is certainly a Pulis type player and if you look through Pulis's transfer history he does like signing players who've lost their way and attempt to ressurect them (at Stoke he signed likes of Pennant and Woodgate).

I can see it happening, interesting how their fans respond. Certainly would be the biggest player transfer between Midland clubs for quite a while unless I'm forgetting an obvious one.

he also loves a crap big money signing :detect:

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

This would be the only circumstances under which I'd be OK with Pulis being the next manager for Villa.

If he first signs Gabby for West Brom and then resigns and joins us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

This would be the only circumstances under which I'd be OK with Pulis being the next manager for Villa.

If he first signs Gabby for West Brom and then resigns and joins us.

I could get on board with that but only if he doesnt stop with Gabby ;) 

• Like 1

This is stuff of dreams! Who the hell is going to buy him? What can he offer anyone? He is a £50k p.w. millstone around our neck, we won't even be able to give him away. He will be swaggering around Bodymoor Heath getting fatter for a couple of years yet. For Gabby read N'Zog.

Edited by thunderball

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

No, but it is an anagram of 'Ego, abhorring a ball', which seems fitting indeed.

Actually if you add the odd letter it is an anagram of Useless Fat F ucker Stealing A Living 

• Like 4

Â