Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

28 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Would love to see an IQ test on him.

He would love that, he thinks thats a quiz show hosted by Stephen Fry. He sits through every episode shouting 'i could do that' blissfully unaware that Alan Davies is only playing dumb. 

20 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Telegraph reporting we are looking to sell Gabby and he is unlikely to play again this season. 

Its like me selling my Steven Seagal boxset on ebay. im desperate to sell and im never going to watch it

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its like me selling my Steven Seagal boxset on ebay. im desperate to sell and im never going to watch it

and neither is anyone else

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

If you told gabby he was taking an IQ test, he would probably go and stand in a line of people somewhere.

you talk as a man with experience

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I will judge the next manager entirely on how they handle Gabby.

Me to

If they stick a boot up his arse and kick him out the club they will get top marks from me

• Like 2

Looks like that was the plan in January. Lack of interest or Gabby digging his heels in, he stayed and shortly afterwards we lost all our forwards so he wormed himself back into the starting 11.

He needs to be moved on for his own good now even if he doesn't realise it.

5 hours ago, benireduk said:

Didn't say smoking was illegal.

In my opinion, a professional athlete who should be in his prime, should not be smoking. End of.

I'm ambivalent. Seems strange to want to smoke/drink if you are a professional athlete - but there are plenty who do without it seeming to affect their performance.

Cruyff is an example that comes to mind. I was shocked to read he used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day in his prime. Sure, they ended up killing him, but could he have been a better player without the smoking? Dunno.

9 hours ago, benireduk said:

Didn't say smoking was illegal.

In my opinion, a professional athlete who should be in his prime, should not be smoking. End of.

I agree.

However that doesn't mean you can just sack someone for smoking. You can't make up rules.

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I'm ambivalent. Seems strange to want to smoke/drink if you are a professional athlete - but there are plenty who do without it seeming to affect their performance.

Cruyff is an example that comes to mind. I was shocked to read he used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day in his prime. Sure, they ended up killing him, but could he have been a better player without the smoking? Dunno.

Cruyff played 40 years ago.

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

So was everyone back then so it was a level playing field so to speak. The great Liverpool sides were allegedly huge drinkers.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So was everyone back then so it was a level playing field so to speak. The great Liverpool sides were allegedly huge drinkers.

More recently, McGrath and Merson were huge drinkers. Could they have been better players without the drink? Dunno.

More recently, McGrath and Merson were huge drinkers. Could they have been better players without the drink? Dunno.

They played 20 years ago.

Â