Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When was the last time a footballer at a high level (and I know that's pushing the phrase for this word removed) got sacked, for anything other than serious breaches of the law or football rules that'd see them banned for a a long time?

I'd love it, but I can't see us tearing up his contract.

Didn't Wolfsburg sack  Bendtner for something similar just now?

Don't see it happening but one can hope...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Suppose it depends on what he was smoking to get sacked. 

I would imagine an investigation of this allegation must surely conclude a drug test!

100% he was not smoking drugs

It cannot be easy to simply sack a player though, look how long Portsmouth were stuck with the 72 year old Kanu. Signed in the PL for like £100k and was still there in League 2 after they'd been in administration 18 times and only had about 4 players left

Would depend on how bad the breach of contract is i guess.

ie, Deemed a sackable offence or not. 

Smoking tabaco on a bung = No 

Smoking tabaco on a bung with THC =  :wave:

Edited by Kingman

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Were you there?

No, but even Gabby would not be stupid enough to do that sort of thing especially in Dubai. You get 4 years prison in the UAE if you even get caught with trace residue on you. God help you if they actually in the act of taking drugs or having an amount of drugs in weight, even cannabis. You are proper in the shit

1 hour ago, sne said:

Didn't Wolfsburg sack  Bendtner for something similar just now?

Don't see it happening but one can hope...

Don't think so. According to this they are hoping to terminate his contract and have opened talks with his agent.

Long way to go I reckon and I think it will be much harder with Gabby as I don't think he has been transgressing like Bendtner, oversleeping, late for training etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If it was to do with the Dubai thing, surely the club would be suspending Richards.

Yeah, Surely the Dubai thing must just be the tip of the iceberg?

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Wouldn't it melt?

Maybe they already got those big cooling fans going they are going to use to keep players alive at the 2022 Qatar World Cup?

Edited by sne

We can't sack him unless we can prove gross misconduct and apart from criminals and a few coke heads like mutu have you ever known a footballer be sacked?

And we can only fine him 2 weeks wages

Hopefully at the very least we've gone from tickling his balls and giving him some bullshit title to forcing it in to his thick head that he's done here and he can either find a move himself or we'll happily find a shit one for him

Â